Bursma Returns to Houghton Mifflin (Did He Ever Really Leave?), Heads New K-8/Supplemental Team
- Is Retirement Better the Second Time Around? Bursma Bids a Adieu Again to Houghton Mifflin. // Educational Marketer;12/15/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the resignation of Al Bursma as executive vice president of school and supplemental publishing at Houghton Mifflin Co. in Boston, Massachusetts. Career history of Bursma; Achievements of the executive in the industry; Esclation of revenue.
- After Negotiating Terms of Departure, Anthony Lucki Leaves Harcourt to Head Houghton Mifflin. // Educational Marketer;8/11/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p1
Announces the appointment of Anthony Lucki as chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin in the U.S. Career background; Goal for the firm; Rank of the company in the education and trade publishing market.
- Kelly to Head HM Trade Division. // Publishers Weekly;6/24/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 25, p12
Announces the promotion of Theresa Kelly to the trade and reference division of Houghton Mifflin Company. Career background of Kelly; Employees appointed to other executive posts within the firm.
- CEO to Push Houghton Mifflin to Internet. // Educational Marketer;7/1/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p5
Announces the appointment of Hans Gieskes as chief executive officer of U.S.-based educational publishing subsidiary Houghton Mifflin Co. Retirement of chairman, chief executive officer and president Nader Darehshori; Development of new businesses; Career history.
- Houghton Mifflin is Close to Naming New CEO; Harcourt's Tony Lucki Said to Have Inside Track. // Educational Marketer;7/7/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the negotiation between Houghton Mifflin and Tony Lucki concerning the chief executive job position in the U.S. Duration of the negotiations; Appointment of executive vice president Sylvia Metayer as interim chief executive; Career highlights of Lucki.
- Lucki Signs on with Houghton Mifflin in Three-Year Contract. // Educational Marketer;10/6/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p5
Reports on the appointment of Anthony Lucki as president and chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin Co. in Boston, Massachusetts. Eligibility of Lucki for annual bonuses; Worth of starting bonus received by Lucki; Career history of Lucki.
- Tony and Donna Lucki: Education Publishing's New Power Couple. // Educational Marketer;7/21/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p4
Reports that Tony and Donna Lucki are leaving Harcourt to assume top executive positions at Houghton Mifflin.
- Gentel to Head HM Sales. // Publishers Weekly;9/29/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 39, p19
Reports on the appointment of Gary Gentel as vice president and director of sales for the trade and reference division of Houghton Mifflin in the U.S. Responsibilities of Gentel; Background on the career of Gentel in the publishing industry.
- O'Malley to Join HM Kids. // Publishers Weekly;1/27/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 4, p116
Reports on the appointment of executive Judy O'Malley at Houghton Mifflin.