The History of Common Core State Standards
- A look at the Next Generation Science Standards. Willard, Ted // Science Teacher;Mar2013, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p36
The article presents an overview of science education standards outlined in the "Next Generation Science Standards" (NGSS), a publication expected to be released in the spring of 2013. Information is provided on topics such as performance expectations, academic achievement goals, and connections...
- The Common Core is a change for the better. Gardner, Nancy S.; Powell, Rod // Phi Delta Kappan;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p49
The authors discuss their support of the Common Core State Standards, a set of U.S. educational standards, stating that teaching and academic achievement will be improved while still allowing individual state content standards to be effective. The Common Core provides consistency throughout a...
- The Common Core and English Language Learners. Guzmán, Laura Peláez; Tórrez, Nena // National Social Science Journal;2014, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p97
The article discusses the impact of the Common Core Standards for K-12 public education for the academic achievement among English language learners. Noted is the relatedness of the Common Core to the No Child left Behind Act. Explored was the need among state officials and the U.S. Department...
- Rotten at the common core. Horning, William // Ellis County Press;8/22/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p3
The article offers insight of the Common Core State Standards Initiative in the U.S. and the reluctance of Texas to its full adoption.
- Implementing Common Core: Allow 'Time to Do It Right'. Williams, Cheryl Scott // Education Week;6/4/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in which the author discusses the Common Core State Standards, a set of U.S. educational standards.
- Who is using Common Core? A. D. // District Administration;Sep2015, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p28
A chart is presented that offers information on U.S. states that have adopted the Common Core education standards including Washington and Oregon and those states that have affirmed the standards but renamed them between 2010 and 2015.
- Let's worry about school standards. Kengor, Paul // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/8/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p2
The author comments on the Common Core State Standards, a set of federal education standards which have been adapted by most states across the U.S.
- CHEAT SHEET I COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS. Eckelkamp, Stephanie // Scholastic Parent & Child;Oct2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p20
The article offers information about the Common Core Standards for education in the U.S. which are guidelines on the things to be learned by kids in math and English language art classes in each grade.
- Test Consortium Drafts College-Ready Criteria. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;12/5/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p4
The article discusses the drafting of U.S. educational standards related to the definition of college readiness as part of the Common Core State Standards, standards set by the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium and the Partnership for the Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers.