California Preaching Tax-Exempts to Faith-Based Nonprofits
- Your board's program responsibilities. BAILEY, REGENIA // Corridor Business Journal;7/27/2015, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p11
The article informs about responsibilities of nonprofit boards to provide oversight to the organization's programs by ensuring that goals of the organization achieved by the program's activities, monitoring program activities, efficiencies and outcomes and having strategic in program's oversight.
- Should more social enterprises run children's services? // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;2/26/2009, p14
The article offers the views of individuals on the social enterprises that run children's services in Great Britain. One notes on the complexity for the commitment of the responsibility to every aspect of the services. Another asserts that social enterprises have a lot to contribute in regards...
- NYS awards $28 Million to not-for-profit groups for housing programs. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/20/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p5
The article reports on the presentation of more than 28 million U.S. dollars worth of awards to not-for-profit housing agencies and local governments across the New York State in 2010.
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;10/30/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32993, p11
A calendar of events from October 30-December 18, 2008 in the U.S. is presented which includes the underwriter services of Clark County's Debt Management Policy, the trust services of the Ohio Housing Finance Agency and the airport valuation services of the New Orleans Aviation Board.
- Corporate parenting fears to be tackled. // Community Care;11/30/2006, Issue 1651, p10
The article discusses corporate parenting. The working group that explores the General Practitioner-style practices proposed in the children in care green paper will examine how accountability can be maintained and the extent to which such practices would undermine councils' corporate parenting...
- Scottish voluntary sector misses out on training as councils sit on funding. // Community Care;11/30/2006, Issue 1651, p18
The article reports on the failure of Scottish local authorities to pass funding for training voluntary staff to Scottish voluntary providers in November 2006. The Community Care Providers Scotland said councils should face a legal obligation to do so if they do not change their ways. This...
- YOUR OPINIONS. Israel, David; Gadsby, Neil; Bottery, Simon; Burton, John; Lee, Chris; Pattinson, Debra; Wiggins, Kaye; Habib, Jude // Third Sector;4/19/2011, Issue 657, p14
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the April 12, 2011 issue about charities apparently silenced by the No to AV campaign, and another one regarding Debra Allcock Tyler's stand on charity management.
- "Que sea un proyecto sin fines de lucro no significa que se deba encarar distinto.". Boutmy, Daniel // Revista de Antiguos Alumnos del IEEM;2009, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p20
No abstract available.
- Green Meetings: Hosting Environmentally Friendly Events. McDermott-Levy, Ruth // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Sep2008, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p388
Green meetings can have positive environmental impacts, save your organization money, and support community charities. This column provides the basic strategies to host a green meeting.