Moody's, S&P Put Tabacco Debt Under Review, Citing Cigarette Makers' Woes
- D.C. Readies Highly Rated Income Tax Bond Deal. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33076, p4
The article reports on the plan of the District of Columbia to enter the market with its income tax-secured bond deal. The move follows the higher ratings of its $445 million of bonds from the rating agencies Standard & Poor's Corp., Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Fitch Ratings Ltd. The...
- Intermountain Healthcare's $158M Deal Meets Strong Demand. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/25/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F328, p1
The article offers information related to the yield of the Utah's Intermountain Healthcare Services' tax-exempt bonds of worth 158 million U.S. dollars as of July 22, 2014 in the municipal bond market. It informs that the bonds drew yield of 3.65 percent with the rating of Aa1 and AA-plus from...
- Market Post: Puerto Rico Sell-Off Will Help High-Grade Texas School Issue. Flynn, Hillary; Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;7/15/2013, Vol. 1 Issue 34143, p1
The article reports on the role of sell-off of the commonwealth's and Puerto Rico organizations junk bonds to boost demand for the high-grade Pflugerville, Texas, Independent School District general obligation bonds of worth 108.3 million U.S. dollars as of July 2014. It informs that the bonds...
- California Endowment Debuts With a Natural Triple-A. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31757, p40
Reports on the rating received by the California Endowment from both Standard & Poor's Inc. and Moody's Investors Service in the U.S. Negotiation from the general obligation deal; Opportunity to buy a natural triple-A issue; Offer of grant to organizations working to improve health care and...
- City of Troy bond ratings get a boost. Green, Leslie // Crain's Detroit Business;07/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p6
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded their ratings on bonds for the city of Troy, Michigan. Assessed valuation of Troy; Conditions contributing to the upgrades.
- Davenport Ratings Land at Double-A-Minus. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/11/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34058, p1
The article focuses on the issue of upgradation of Davenport, Iowa's general obligation bonds rating by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, a bond rating agency, and downgradation by Moody's Investors Service Inc., a bond rating agency, as of February 11, 2014.
- State's new bond rating lifts all boats. Beaven, Stephen; Heikens, Norm; King, Mason; Pletz, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/29/97, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p8
Reports on the favorable bond ratings for Indiana from Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's.
- Moody's Downgrades Bayonne, N.J., Citing Structural Imbalance, Liquidity. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;7/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31929, p3
Reports on the move of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to lower the general obligation ratings of Bayonne, New Jersey. Detection of a structural imbalance in the city's operating budget; Concern of the agency on the tight liquidity and its narrow current fund balance; Need for the town to turn to...
- Miami CRD Revs Raised to Baa1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;6/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32410, p2
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the rating on the Miami Community Redevelopment District's revenue bonds to Baa1 from Baa3 in Miami, Florida.