Munis a Source of Stability in Trying Times, Strategists Say
- Yields Rise Three to Four Basis Points; More Than $1.2 B of New Issue Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p2
Reports on various developments in the U.S. bond market on July 15, 2003. Increase in yield of municipal bonds; Percentage decline in business inventories; Pricing of lease purchase revenue bonds of North Carolina-based Infrastructure Finance Corp. by Lehman Brothers Inc.
- Municipal Prices Finish Mixed; Select Yields Lowered in Primary. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31246, p2
Focuses on bond market trading highlights for October 17, 2001, in the United States. Underwriters' decision to lower yields on major negotiated new issues; Investors' consideration of Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan's testimony before a congressional hearing; Lehman Brothers...
- Municipal Yields Are Little Changed; Lehman Prices Miami Airport Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31637, p2
Lehman Brothers priced and repriced $460 million of Miami-Dade County aviation revenue bonds in the negotiated new-issue market, while cash bond yields were little changed. Treasury prices were mostly lower, but the 30-year bond yield declined owing to the latest economic data that suggested...
- Lowering Borrowing Costs for States and Municipalities Through CommonMuni. Ang, Andrew; Green, Richard C. // Municipal Finance Journal;Fall2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p43
States and municipalities throughout the United States depend on the municipal bond market to raise funds for important investments in America's schools, roads and highways, hospitals, utilities, and public buildings. Additionally, many individuals rely on municipal bonds as a dependable...
- Bond Price Data and Bond Market Liquidity. Sarig, Oded; Warga, Arthur // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep89, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p367
This paper attempts to characterize liquidity-driven noise in the CRSP Government Bond price data set by comparing these price records to the independently collected Shearson Lehman Brothers (SLB) Bond Data Base. We argue that discrepancies between the data sets are due largely to...
- Bonds end down on a tired Friday. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;12/14/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30539, p1
Reports on the underperformance of municipal bonds in the United States as of December 11, 1998. Impact of Treasuries' performance and Seagrams' corporate bond sale; Results for the Dow Jones industrial average; Decline in yields; Repricing results for Merrill Lynch; Lehman Brothers' repricing...
- Looking Ahead. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31180, p6
Cites a June 2001 report about outlook on United States municipal bonds. Report by bond strategies Peter DeGroot of Lehman Brothers.
- Treasury Yields Drop, Reflecting Investors' Flight to Quality. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32965, p6
The article reports that short-term yields in the U.S. Treasury market have plunged noticeably lower, as a result of a massive flight to quality, while tax-free money market yields have increased dramatically as skittish investors seek out the safest possible investments to protect themselves...
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p35
Presents several charts containing information pertaining to short-term tax-exempt bond yields as of December 13, 2001. Data related to municipal bond market; Money market municipal index of the investment banking firm Lehman Brothers Inc.; Note index of the financial company First Albany Corp.