Daniel P. Moynihan, a Friend of the Muni Market, Dies at 76
- Hospitals grieve for Moynihan. Galloro, Vince // Modern Healthcare;3/31/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p10
Pays tribute to former U.S. senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, who died in March 2003. Career in politics and healthcare; Contributions to teaching hospitals in the U.S.; Description of Moynihan.
- DANIEL PATRICK MOYNIHAN. Lemann, Nicholas // New Yorker;4/7/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p98
Profiles the late United States senator, Daniel Patrick Moynihan. Career history; Contributions to the legislature; Public image of the senator; Political philosophy.
- Recalling Moynihan-isms while raising a glass to Pat. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;5/19/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p9
This article focuses on event hosted to recall late U.S. Senator Pat Moynihan in New York in May 2003. The little affair was arranged by his daughter Maura with the encouragement of the Municipal ArtSociety, which occupies half of the building, and by the Urban Land Institute and the New York...
- Should CETA Title VI Programs of "Public Service Employment" Be Significantly Curtailed? CON. Moynihan, Daniel P. // Congressional Digest;Apr81, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p119
Presents the text of the speech delivered by U.S. Senator Daniel P. Moynihan on December 11, 1980, on the floor of the Senate during consideration of H.J. Res. 637, providing for continuing appropriations for various Federal programs through the end of fiscal 1981.
- DANIEL PATRICK MOYNIHAN. Dionne Jr., E. J. // Commonweal;01/12/2001, Vol. 128 Issue 1, p6
Presents an article on United (U.S.) States Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan of New York, who served his last full day in the Senate on January 2, 2001. Political views and beliefs of Moynihan; His relationship with former U.S. President Bill Clinton; Controversies in his life.
- NEW YORK'S SENATOR. Vitullo-Martin, Julia // Commonweal;4/11/2003, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p10
Pays tribute to New York Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, who died on March 26, 2003. Characteristics of Moynihan as a senator; Childhood life; Information on his 1970 memo to former U.S. President Richard Nixon.
- A beautiful mind. Barone, Michael // U.S. News & World Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 134 Issue 11, p52
Presents the thoughts of the author about former U.S. Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan after his death. Comments about Moynihan's identification of the breakdown of the African-American family in the 1960s; Belief of the author that Moynihan's 'Beyond the Melting Pot,' coauthored with Nathan...
- Moynihan's Farewell. // Time;1/4/1971, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p36
The article presents information regarding the views of New York Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, presented at his farewell ceremony in the White House. At the year-end meeting of Cabinet and sub-Cabinet officers, Moynihan discussed the problems that the administration faced as it took office...
- Moynihan plans to retire, sources say. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30517, p4
Reports on Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan's plan to retire from the United States Senate. Career history and achievements; Moynihan's long-term campaign to repeal the cap on the amount of bonds that nonhospital 501(c)(3) organizations could have outstanding.