Florida Panel OKs Bill to Let Voters Take Back Rail Approval
- Florida's High-Speed Rail Network Gets Questions from Gov. Bush. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p3
Reports the concern of Governor Jeb Bush on the proposed multi-billion dollar high-speed rail network in Florida. Proposal for the creation of the Florida High Speed Rail Authority; Cost of construction of bullet trains; Provisions of the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act.
- Florida Governor Wants to Take Rail Repeal to Voters. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p44
Focuses on the support of Florida governor Jeb Bush to repeal a high-speed rail project. Repeal of the referendum on the general election ballot; Construction of the first train route between Tampa and Orlando; Impact of the high-speed rail to the state's bond rating.
- Florida Governor Signs Off on Transportation Bill. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31365, p4
Reports the approval of governor Jeb Bush of the transportation bill in Florida. Implementation of a high-speed rail system; Transformation of the Florida Turnpike District; Opposition of environmentalists on the bill.
- Points system signals an alarm for sleepers. // Engineer (00137758);10/11/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7613, p18
Reports on the importance of the monitoring system for the transportation industry in Great Britain. Improvement of the rail safety; Reduction of train delays; Relevance of the points monitoring system to alarm sleepers.
- High-speed funding will shift tracks in Florida. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30560, p1
Looks at the decision made by Florida Governor Jeb Bush to terminate the public funding for the proposed high-speed rail project. Alternative proposal to use the funds in other transportation projects; Suggestion to spend more at the state's seaports and enhance mass transit in Tampa.
- Florida Gov. Bush Rallies for High-Speed Rail Repeal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32001, p4
Reports on the initiative taken to raise support for repealing a voter-mandated high-speed rail initiative by Florida Governor Jeb Bush in Florida. Citation of specific transportation projects that would be eliminated by the cost of the bullet train during the rallies; Percentage of new road...
- Gov. Jeb Bush Mulls Veto of Funding for Florida High-Speed Rail. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p4
Jeb Bush must approve Florida's $53.5 billion budget before the end of June 2003, and while he hasn't taken any action on it yet, he has indicated he may veto funds for a voter-mandated high-speed rail project that could require nearly $3 billion in public financing. The budget lawmakers sent to...
- Florida Seeks Billions for Roads but Rail Transit Comes Up Empty. Cho, Aileen; Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/31/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p20
Details the plan of Florida Governor Jeb Bush on transportation infrastructure. Budget allocated for the transportation projects; How the projects will be financed.
- Tax-Free Road to Growth. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32112, p1
Reports on the plan of Governor Jeb Bush to hold a statewide election for state voters to support a cash- and bond-funded program in Florida. Call for transportation funding increase without tax level changes; Part of the comprehensive growth management bill; Revision of the estimates of state...