Moody's Puts Michigan on Watch, Citing Weak Economy
- Moody's Knocks Down California's Outlook. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31658, p1
Moody's Investors Service Inc. revised the outlook on its A2 rating for California's general obligation (GO) bonds to negative from stable on June 25, 2003. The outlook change, which affects $34 billion in debt issued by the state, comes as the state sells $1.7 billion in GO in...
- Moody's Upgrades Flint, Mich.'s $7.4 Million of Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/20/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32053, p6
Reports on the improvement of the debt of Flint, Michigan by Moody's Investors Service. Increase of the rating on unlimited-tax general obligation; Reflection of the stability in the budget; Use of the proceeds from the sale of financial recovery general obligation bonds to shore up the 2005 budget.
- Seattle Waste Upgraded. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p35
The article focuses on the upgradation of Seattle solid-waste revenue bonds to Aa3 from Al by the Moody's Investors Service Inc. The upgrade affects $25.46 million of bonds issued in 1999. Moody's in its report said that credit strengths include the system's strong service area â€” which...
- Moody's Upgrades Brunswick County, N.C., to A2. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 327820, p4
The article reports that Brunswick County, North Carolina was upgraded to A2 from A3 by Moody's Investors Service Inc. ahead of its planned sale of $54 million of enterprise revenue bonds. The bonds will be used to fund projects for the county's water and sewer system. According to Moody's, the...
- Central Ark. Water Revs Raised to Aa3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;5/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32633, p2
The article reports on the bond rating assigned by the Moody's Investors Service Inc. to Central Arkansas Water's revenue bonds. Moody's has assigned a Aa3 rating to the state's $17,625,000 water revenue bonds, and upgraded the system's parity debt rating to Aa3 from A1, affecting a total of...
- Moody's Downgrades New Jersey to Aa3. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p4
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has downgraded New Jersey's general obligation rating and lowered most of the state's appropriation-backed debt. Effect of the downgrade on the state's credit.
- West Virginia on a Roll With $70 Million Sold So Far in 2003. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31802, p28
With a handful of deals already complete and a potential 4 billion dollar pension bond sale later in the year, West Virginia, the Southeast region's smallest issuer last year, has started 2003 with a sizeable amount of bond issuance as of March 27, 2003. New-issue volume grew to 674 million...
- MINNESOTA: Rail Agency Gets Aa3. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/17/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32548, p9
The article reports on Moody's Investors Service's assignment of a Aa3 credit with a positive outlook to the Anoka County Regional Rail Authority's sales of 33 million dollars of revenue bonds. It will finance the county's contribution towards a commuter rail line and an extension of a...
- Moody's Gives Alaska GOs a Stable Outlook, Thanks to Boost From Oil. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32015, p7
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has revised the outlook on its rating for Alaska general obligation debt. Role of oil revenues on the improvement in rating of the bond; Improvement in the balance sheet of the state; Budget gap of the state.