S&P: April Is Key as States Look to Keep Raising Revenues
- Despite Illinois Budget Woes, Pensions The Real Problem, Moody's Says. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;8/31/2015, p30
The article discusses the August 2015 report "Late Budget Matters Less Than Solving Pension and Revenue Problems," published by credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service, which focuses on the financial situation in Illinois. Topics explored include the way weak state leadership contributes...
- S&P Downgrades Kansas, Cites Budget Imbalance, Tax Cuts. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;8/6/2014, p13
The article reports that Standard & Poor's downgraded the issuer credit rating of Kansas from AA-plus to AA because of income tax cuts that have not been matched by reduced spending. Topics covered include the additional budget pressure brought by income tax cuts, the small positive revenue...
- Public Finances. Dufy, David; Durkan, Joseph; Casey, Eddie // Quarterly Economic Commentary;Autumn2012, p16
This article looks into public finances of Ireland. The nation's public finances are described in aggregate terms as largely consistent with the outcome for the year set out in the 2012 budget, the Exchequer returns for August indicated. For the first eight months of 2012, overall revenue growth...
- Westly: Revenues Up. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p37
Reports on the increase in the revenue of California in April 2004. Budget estimates for the state; Increase in personal income taxes and corporate taxes.
- Alaska GOP Wants to Put More Of Knowle's Debt Plans to Voters. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p3
Reports on the continuing debate of lawmakers in reinstating a state income tax to raise revenues in Alaska. Comments of Republican Senator Pete Kelly on general obligations (GO) bond proposal; Impact of the GO package on the school budget; Concerns on budget deficit.
- Budget. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Nov2004, Issue 18, p40
Examines budget revenues in Montenegro in 2004. Structure and execution of individual revenues, including personal income tax; Categories of budget expenditures, such as wages and salaries; Budget balance and financing.
- GEORGIA: March Revenues Take a Dip. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/10/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32854, p9
The article reports on the financial performance in Georgia in March 2008. The state has recorded a decline in revenue to $1.16 billion, while a growth in collections was achieved which amounted to $12.6 billion. It reveals that a downfall of sales and use taxes to 5.4 percent, together with...
- Arizona Outlook Darkens as Report Shows Deficit Swelling to $2 Billion. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/26/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33205, p3
The article reports on the credit outlook of Arizona as it faces increasing pressure to balance its budget. The state's credit outlook is negative from rating agencies after its projected revenue shortfall has increased. It operates with an unbalanced budget amid heavy short-term borrowing and...
- S & P Drops Coral Gables, Fla., to AA-Plus, Ending 5 Triple-A Years. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31789, p4
Reports that the Standard & Poor has lowered the issuer credit rating on Coral Gables, Florida. Reduction of the level of general fund balance reserves and budgetary practices; Corporate profile of Coral Gables; Assessment of financial position.