Cuyahoga County, OHIO
- Worthy plea? Job values key to pay equity. Silas, Faye A. // ABA Journal;Feb86, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p35
Reports on efforts to achieve pay equity in the U.S. Adoption by the state of Iowa and the city of Los Angeles, California of comparable-worth policies for state and city employees; Definition of pay equity; Wage adjustments of state workers to achieve pay equity; Prevention of disparities...
- COLORADO. Radosta, Jim // Just Out;8/15/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p23
Reports that the Sarasota, Florida City Council has passed an ordinance barring employment bias based on sexual orientation.
- Addition of "gender identity" to Lawrence's non-discrimination ordinance seen as a step towards fair treatment for all Kansans. // Liberty Press;Nov2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p10
The article reports that the Lawrence City Commission in Lawrence, Kansas has voted to add "gender identity" to the city's non-discrimination ordinance, joining the employees of the State of Kansas in being protected from discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Is it illegal to reject a r�sum� based on the person's name? // HR Specialist;Jul2011, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p3
The article offers tips for companies on how to avoid race and gender-bias claims, including avoiding looking at names first, evaluating r�sum�, and avoiding discussing the ethnic origins of applicants' names.
- Gender: Still some way to go. Bachelet, Michelle // OECD Observer;May2012, Issue 290/291, p40
The article focuses on the author's views about the promotion of gender equality in OECD countries. It outlines the role of governments and multilaterial institutions in responding to social, economic and environmental challenges. The importance of ethical leadership is emphasized. The...
- CHAPTER 21: AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IN EMPLOYMENT: RECENT COURT APPROACHES TO A DIFFICULT CONCEPT. AEBERHARD, Jane HODGES // Women, Gender & Work: What is Equality & How Do We Get There?;2001, p441
Ever since its introduction, affirmative action to combat discrimination based on race or sex has attracted controversy over its validity, allegedly unfair, perverse or stigmatizing effects, and over whether the available evidence is conclusive. Major decisions taken in the late 1990s in the...
- PARTICIPATION OF WOMEN IN MANAGMENT IN B&H COMPANIES. Sehic, Dzevad; Rahimic, Zijada; Kovacevic, Jasna // Conference Proceedings: International Conference of the Faculty ;2010, p1
Modern business faces challenges every day. In a globalized world, these challenges are often complex since each society has its own traits. One of the challenges in a globalized business is a gender issue, which raises many questions among members of academia and broad public as well. The...
- Royal Mail halts probe in working practices rethink. McCawley, Ian // Precision Marketing;8/15/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p3
Reports that Great Britain-based Royal Mail has agreed to bring in tougher working practices to tackle widespread sexual harassment and discrimination. Appointment of independent investigators; Monthly staff surveys and monitoring; Bullying hotline; Equal Opportunities Commission's suspension...
- TRANS AM. Morgan, Shane // Outlook: Columbus;Jul2011, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p38
The article offers information on the services and protection being provided to transgender people in several cities in Ohio. It says that the Equal Housing and Employment Act (EHEA) prohibits gender discrimination in housing, employment, and public accommodations. It adds that Housing...