Jungle Tram in the Panama Canal
- The 1876 Centennial Exhibition, Part Two. Gray, Lee // Elevator World;Dec2013, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p34
The article discusses the report of engineer Alois Riedler about passenger and freight elevators and mine hoists during the 1876 Centennial Exhibition. Riedler was the author of the Austrian delegation report at the event. Topics discussed include hydraulic elevators from American companies Lane...
- Compact Guide-Rail System on Inclined Elevator in Spain. Fidalgo, Froilán // Elevator World;Jun2011, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p40
The article presents information on an inclined elevator, installed on the Camino de ZurbarÂ´n in Bilbao, Spain, that is equipped with a compact guide system. The car, which is equipped with three boarding places, is a panoramic type in the shape of a "B" for Bilbao. The rollers on its compact...
- Position Indicators & Signal Systems. Gray, Lee // Elevator World;Dec2007, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p60
The article discusses the history of the development of elevator passenger-signaling systems. According to the article, increased use of elevators during the 1870s facilitated the development of passenger-signaling systems. Furthermore, elevator-signal systems were developed along two main...
- Achieving maximum capacity for bucket elevator. // Mining World;Dec2011, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p39
The article discusses how to achieve maximum capacity for bucket elevator. It cites the factors that influence the capacity of an elevator and the most common causes for loss of capacity. It details several components that are necessary to increase bucket elevator capacity which include head...
- Lift Design Criteria for Institutional Buildings. Unadkat, Dhimant // Elevator World;Mar2012, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p126
The article discusses the design criteria needed for elevators and escalators used in institutional buildings. The building's functions and space need to be planned to decrease the amount of mechanized vertical infrastructure. Office suites are required to be placed on the higher floors to lower...
- Layered Zoning for Tall and Slender Buildings. de Groot, Pieter J. // Elevator World;Jun2014, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p116
The article presents an evaluation of the performance of the six-car double deck elevator group designed for simultaneous up and down traffic of seven percent of the population per five minutes. Topics discussed include number of passengers and probable number of destinations, service qualities...
- NEW SMART ELEVATOR MARKET REPORT AVAILABLE. // Elevator World;Sep2013, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p38
The article focuses on the projection on the smart elevator market in the world which could grow at a double-digit compound annual growth rate when it is expected to reach $16.45 billion until 2018 and the increase in demand for convenience, security, and energy efficiency in elevators.
- Lifts. // Design News;12/26/94, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p360
Lists companies in the United States that manufacture hydraulic lifts. Gezon Industrial Surplus; H.A. Guden Company; Serapid.
- SCHINDLER ANNOUNCES CONTINUING-EDUCATION OFFER. // Elevator World;Jun2012, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p18
A description of several elevator industry related courses being offered at elevator firm Schindler Group is provided including "Vertical Transportation: Machine-Room-Less (MRL) Elevators," "Vertical Transportation-Escalators" and "Sustainable Design."