- American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation. Stebbins, Lee // ASHA;May94, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p28
Features the American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation, a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to innovation and new horizons in communication sciences and disorders. Foundation New Investigator Grant given to Maureen B. Higgins; Research on the articulatory and phonatory behaviors of...
- MAUREEN â€œMOEâ€ HIGGINS. DITROLIO, MEGAN // Runner's World;Nov2015, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p30
The article presents a brief profile of runner Maureen "Moe" Higgins from Alabama, who was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer in 2013.
- Former T&D Editor-In-Chief Dies. Fix, Doug // Transmission & Distribution World;Feb2001, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p10
Pays tribute to Elgin Enabnit, former editor of the `Transmission & Distribution' magazine, who died on February 2001. Career background; His reputation.
- The proposed Assisted Dying Bill in the UK. Joffe, Joel // Palliative Medicine;Jan2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p47
A letter to the editor is presented on the proposed bill in assisted dying in Great Britain.
- Letters to the editor. Daley, Andrew; Sinclair, Karen; Currow, David C.; Abernethy, Amy P.; Shah, Sanjay P. // Palliative Medicine;Oct2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p637
A letter to the editor is presented concerning preferred place of death (PPD) of those terminally ill.
- On dying and human suffering. Gadoud, A. C.; Rahman, A. // Palliative Medicine;Jan2010, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p99
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about dying and human suffering.
- Dedication. Ward, Michael; Glynn, Leah // Berkeley Journal of Employment & Labor Law;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 1, preceding p1
Pays tribute to the late Chris Datz, former editor-in-chief of the `Berkeley Journal of Employment and Labor Law.' Datz's dedication to the less-than-glamorous daily editing and administrative tasks; Datz's reputation as a person of great honor and humanity; Recollections of the author's...
- Letter to the Editor. Gamble Sr., Leo K. // Alberta Sweetgrass;Jan2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p2
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the Foster child fatality in the December 2008 issue.
- Matters of "Life" and "Death.". Gert, Bernard // Hastings Center Report;May/Jun2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p4
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Brain Death Without Definitions," by Winston Chiong in the November and December 2005 issue.