- The public's favourites. // Cabinet Maker;2/14/2003, Issue 5324, p13
Features the recipient of the consumers' choice of Independent and Multiple retailer for the year 2003 in Great Britain. Selection of Barker & Stonehouse as the best independent furniture retailer; Recognition of Ikea AB as the multiple retailer of the year.
- News in brief. // Cabinet Maker;10/30/98, Issue 5112, p4
Presents newsbriefs concerning the furniture industry in Great Britain as of October 30, 1998. Includes results of a survey conducted by Barclays Bank on the economic impact of customer shop rage; Japan Interior Center's search for a British furniture company to use its building; Barker and...
- Port change aids growth. // Cabinet Maker;3/15/2013, Issue 5829, p4
The article reports that supply chain business PD Ports has been appointed by furniture retailer Barker and Stonehouse to oversee the handling and distribution of its global furniture products.
- And the nominee is - Barker and Stonehouse. // Cabinet Maker;2/20/2009, Issue 5624, p6
The article reports that Barker and Stonehouse, a furniture retailer based in Middlesbrough, England has been shortlisted for a national award. It is stated that Barker and Stonehouse is the only independent retailer to make in the shortlist which includes Marks & Spencer Group PLC, Morrisons...
- Delivery problem. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2003, Issue 5329, p2
Reports on the delivery problem between a furniture retailer and beds manufacturer Vogue Beds in England.
- Selling dreams with furniture. Britton, Linda // Cabinet Maker;2/9/2007, Issue 5524, p32
The article discusses the winter marketing campaign by retailer Barker & Stonehouse in the furniture industry in Great Britain. The campaign encourages consumers to fall in love with the interior offering and the promised lifestyle, targeting women. Marketing director James Barker understands...
- Blow for new store plans. // Cabinet Maker;3/7/2003, Issue 5327, p2
Reports on the store plans of the furniture company Barker & Stonehouse in England. Concern of the surveyor CB Hillier Parker on the plan; Restrictions on the store plans; Consideration of the proposal by the Middlesbrough Council.
- Barker & Stonehouse launch recycling scheme. // Cabinet Maker;1/16/2009, Issue 5620, p8
The article reports that Barker & Stonehouse has merged with Owton Fen Community Association (OFCA) to launch a mattress and furniture recylcing scheme. Barker & Stonehouse has partnered with OFCA's SHELVE recycling initiative which is responsible for recycling facility in order to reduce its...
- Turning beds. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;06/21/2002, Issue 5292, p10
Features Vogue Beds in Leicestershire, England, a bed manufacturing company owned by brothers Ilyas and Ebrahim Patel. History of the furniture company; Description of corporate growth; Estimates for annual earnings; Information on Limelight Beds.