Shares plunge for retailers
- Experian bid talk prompts GUS rise. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;2/17/2006, Issue 5476, p6
The article reports on the status of various furniture retailers at the London Stock Exchange in England. Numis Group PLC has raised its price target for their shares to 1,234 points. MFI Furniture Group on the other hand gained 4 points. In addition, Land of Leather lost 7 points due to gains...
- Taking stock of flotations. Friors, Austin // Cabinet Maker;3/18/2005, Issue 5430, p10
Focuses on the preparation of furniture and furnishing firm Land of Leather to float on the Alternative Investment Market in the London stock market in England. High attrition rate of fully-fledged PLC companies in the stock market; Anticipated pre-tax profit and sales level of the company; Fate...
- Furniture stocks summary 2/19-2/26. // Furniture/Today;3/1/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p4
Presents a graph on furniture stocks in the furniture as of February 19-February 26, 2004.
- Laura Ashley group will still go public. // Cabinet Maker;10/19/2007, Issue 5560, p38
The article reports that Laura Ashley design, fashion and home furnishings group is to be floated on the stock market in later part of 1985, as originally proposed before the accidental death of the company's founder in Great Britain. The company, which has turned over more than Â£100m a year,...
- FURNITURE STOCKS LAST WEEK. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p51
Reports on the performance of furniture firms traded in stock exchanges in the U.S. and Canada. Retailers; Rental firms; Manufactures.
- Furniture stocks summary 5/25-6/1. // Furniture/Today;6/5/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p4
A graph is presented depicting the stock performance of furniture companies from May 25-June 1, 2006.
- DFS shares reach high along with CM Index. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;05/14/99, Issue 5138, p8
Presents a chart showing the stock activity of the furniture industry in Great Britain for the week ending May 14, 1999. Impact of low interest rates on the retail sector; Lower sales volumes for the furniture and carpet sectors.
- Retail trio bucks the trend with new highs. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;02/15/2002, Issue 5274, p4
Reports the market trend for furniture industry in Great Britain. Announcement of a share bonus by Marks & Spencer company; Initiative of Allders company during economic recession; Revenue loss at Selfridges industry.
- Retailers hold on in rocky city. // Cabinet Maker;7/26/2002, Issue 5297, p1
Looks at the performance of furniture retailers in the London, England stock market in July 2002. Drop in the value of listed furniture retailers; Market capitalization of key listed furniture retailers and chains.