- Retail prices decelerating. // Cabinet Maker;4/8/2011, Issue 5732, p10
The article offers updates on the price inflation of furniture products as of March 2011.
- Furniture pre-sale hike hits inflation. // Cabinet Maker;7/20/2007, Issue 5547, p3
The article reports on the increase of furniture prices in June 2007 in Great Britain. National Statistics cites greater price establishing by furniture retailers ahead of summer sales as the factor that pushed prices up by 9.8%, raising the annual furniture retail inflation rate to 12.5%. It...
- Inflation static. // Cabinet Maker;7/19/2002, Issue 5296, p3
Reports on the retail price inflation in the furniture industry as of June 2002. Offset in the prices of living room and bedroom furniture; Deflation in furnishings; Information on the overall retail inflation.
- Price establishing a key factor in inflation. // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2007, Issue 5534, p3
The article reports on the role of price establishing in the furniture industry to inflation in Great Britain. Bank of England governor Mervyn King wrote a letter to Chancellor of Exchequer Gordon Brown and stressed that the increased inflation figure raised the consumer confidence interest rate...
- Petrol fuels furniture price rises. // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2007, Issue 5569, p5
The article reports on the factors contributing to the inflation of the furniture industry in Great Britain. National Statistics showed that the annual rate of consumer price index inflation was static at 2.1% last month, just above the Government's target of 2%. National Statistics also added...
- House prices boost London's retailers. // Cabinet Maker;6/2/2006, Issue 5490, p4
The article reports on the impact of house price increases on the division of the furniture retail sectors in the North and South of England. Factors that influenced the yo-yo effect include the notion that furniture retailers in London were more prosperous than the rest of the country. The...
- Bedding faces unanswered questions. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;12/26/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p48
The article reports on the increase in the prices of bedding throughout the industry in the U.S. The bedding industry faces the question of what impact those higher prices will have on consumers. With this regard, foam price inflation will boost the dollar value of bedding shipments in the...
- Furniture inflation slows down. // Cabinet Maker;5/6/2011, Issue 5736, p10
The article reports on the British Retail Consortium (BRC)-Nielsen Shop Price Index in Great Britain which showed that annual inflation in the furniture and furnishings category slowed to 0.9% in April 2011 from 1.8% in March 2011.
- Discounts prompt deflation. // Cabinet Maker;8/13/2004, Issue 5401, p7
Reports on the impact influence of increased discounting by furniture retailers to the prevalence of deflation in the furniture sector in Great Britain. Annual inflation rate of the furnishing sectors; Decrease in the retail price index of furniture.