Retailers prepared for impact of war on sales
- Retail sales thaw slightly in third week. // Home Textiles Today;3/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p149
Reports on the survey about the decline in the retail sales of textile manufacturers in Chicago, Illinois. Percentage of the retail sales decline; Impact of the U.S. war with Iraq on the sales of textile manufacturers; Comparison on the retail sales report between Redbook Retail Sales Average...
- Iraq war. Cable, Vince // World Today;Jun/Jul2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, following p54
A reprint of the article "Iraq war," by Vince Cable in the February 2003 issue of "World Today," is presented, which focuses on the 2003 Iraq War initiated by the United States and Great Britain and its associated costs and impact on oil prices.
- Truckstop industry disputes gouging charges. // National Petroleum News;May2003, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the response of NATSO president to the charges made by the American Trucking Associations in the U.S. Failure of considering the geopolitical factors following oil price increase; Price for a barrel of crude oil; Impact of the Iraq war on the industry.
- Local auto sales remained flat in April. Carmona, Jose L. // Caribbean Business;5/22/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p8
Focuses on the local automobile sales in Puerto Rico. Impact of the Iraq war on consumer confidence; Account on the average units sold per month; Influence of the financial incentives on car sales.
- Iraq for Sale: The War Profiteers. Maxted, Lawrence R. // Library Journal;11/15/2006, Vol. 131 Issue 19, p99
This article reviews the DVD of the documentary film, "Iraq for Sale: The War Profiteers," directed by Robert Greenwald.
- DMI's 3Q soft; still ahead for yr. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;7/7/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p47
Reports on the sales performance of case goods and office furniture manufacturer DMI Furniture Inc. in the U.S. Attribution of the economic condition and Iraq war to the sales declines; Performance of the company against record shipments; Anticipation of DMI customers for the summer.
- Iraq war is taking its toll on furniture sales. // Cabinet Maker;4/18/2008, Issue 5584, p30
The article reports on the impact of war in Iraq on the sales of furniture in Great Britain in March 20003. According to a Cabinet poll, many retailers have experienced slowdown in furniture sales since the outbreak of the war in Iraq. Jeff Disney of Disneys of Haringey, a furniture retailer in...
- New motor vehicle sales down for second straight month. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;6/20/2003, p5
Reports on decline in sales of motor vehicles in Canada for April 2003. Number of new vehicles sold by dealerships in the month; Percentage decline in sales of passenger cars; Impact of the SARS outbreak and uncertainty because of the war in Iraq on sales of motor vehicles. INSET: Television...
- Retail sales hit by rainy March. // Marketing (00253650);4/21/2004, p2
Wet weather in March led to a sluggish month for the retail industry, according to the British Retail Consortium. Although sales increased 1.3% on a like-for-like basis and showed 4.4% year-on-year growth, the figures were flattered by comparison with a weak March 2003, when trade was hit by the...