Aromatic Herbal Baths of the Ancients
- AROMATIC PLANT PROCEEDINGS. Holson, L. M. // American Herb Association Quarterly Newsletter;Summer2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that the proceedings of the 4th World Congress entitled "Medicinal and Aromatic Plants: Using Plants to Benefit People" is published in six volumes of "Acta Horticulture," by the International Society for Horticultural Science. According to the article, the conference was...
- Rosemary. Pleasant, Barbara // Mother Earth News;Dec2004/Jan2005, Issue 207, p73
Provides information on the culinary herb, rosemary. Various uses of rosemary in food preparation; Examples of the medicinal uses of rosemary; Information on growing a rosemary. INSET: Rosemary-garlic Flatbread.
- Essential oil composition of Morina longifolia Wall. ex DC. from the Himalayan region. Chauhan, R. S.; Nautiyal, M. C.; Tava, A.; Cecotti, R. // Journal of Essential Oil Research;Oct2012, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p461
Morina longifolia Wall. ex DC. is an important aromatic plant that is also well-known in ethnomedicine in the Himalayan region. The aerial parts of the plant were collected during the flowering stage and steam distilled in order to characterize the essential oil composition. Thirty-three...
- Being forthcoming is better for your health. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Apr98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Encourages people who plan to take herbs as a form of alternative therapy to inform their doctors before proceeding. Percentage of adults taking herbs in the United States.
- Missing from Herbal supplements: Herbs. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Oct2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, previous p5
Provides information on various herbal supplements and medicines such as valerian.
- Herbalism. Jamil, Tanvir // Pulse;5/5/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 18, p52
Reports on the popularity of using herbal medicines worldwide. Overview of herbal sales; Mechanism of treatment by herbal medicines; Indications of herbal medicines; Comparison with other drugs.
- Types of Herbal Claims Not Allowed Under FDA's Proposed New Rules. // Oriental Medicine Journal;Summer98, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p12
No abstract available.
- Recommending herbals can be a tricky business. Levy, Sandra // Drug Topics;6/18/2001, Vol. 145 Issue 12, p28
Recommends several herbs for the treatment of certain ailments. Problems in recommending herbal products; Health benefits of gingko biloba; Herb used for keeping toxins from entering liver cells and for helping damaged liver cells regenerate.
- The herbal renaissance of the '90s: What's old is new again. Klausner, Andrea // Environmental Nutrition;Apr98, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p1
Part I. Examines the popularity of herbal medicine in the United States. Background to the use of herbs as medicine; Common herbs in the United States which have medicinal uses; Comparison to allopathic medicine; Conditions where herbs are useful for treating diseases. INSETS: Basics of...