Aromatic Herbal Baths of the Ancients
- AROMATIC PLANT PROCEEDINGS. Holson, L. M. // American Herb Association Quarterly Newsletter;Summer2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that the proceedings of the 4th World Congress entitled "Medicinal and Aromatic Plants: Using Plants to Benefit People" is published in six volumes of "Acta Horticulture," by the International Society for Horticultural Science. According to the article, the conference was...
- Rosemary. Pleasant, Barbara // Mother Earth News;Dec2004/Jan2005, Issue 207, p73
Provides information on the culinary herb, rosemary. Various uses of rosemary in food preparation; Examples of the medicinal uses of rosemary; Information on growing a rosemary. INSET: Rosemary-garlic Flatbread.
- GARÅ AUGU Ä¢ENÄ’TISKIE RESURSI LATVIJÄ€. Žukauska, I. // Latvian Journal of Agronomy / Agronomija Vestis;2008, Issue 10, p241
Collections of both wild and cultivated aromatic and medicinal species are maintained in the Institute of Agrobiotechnology of Latvia University of Agriculture (LUA). The genetic resources of culinary herbs have not been inventoried in Latvia. At the same time our activities are concentrated on...
- Essential oil composition of Morina longifolia Wall. ex DC. from the Himalayan region. Chauhan, R. S.; Nautiyal, M. C.; Tava, A.; Cecotti, R. // Journal of Essential Oil Research;Oct2012, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p461
Morina longifolia Wall. ex DC. is an important aromatic plant that is also well-known in ethnomedicine in the Himalayan region. The aerial parts of the plant were collected during the flowering stage and steam distilled in order to characterize the essential oil composition. Thirty-three...
- HERBAN Legends. Bodo, Linda // Edmontonians;Fall2013, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p8
The article offers information on several herbals and spices for therapeutic use and alternative medicine for any diseases. It states that oregano is an effective treatment for colds and sinusitis particularly the oil of oregano which could drain sinuses and reduces inflammation. It mentions...
- Being forthcoming is better for your health. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Apr98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Encourages people who plan to take herbs as a form of alternative therapy to inform their doctors before proceeding. Percentage of adults taking herbs in the United States.
- Missing from Herbal supplements: Herbs. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Oct2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, previous p5
Provides information on various herbal supplements and medicines such as valerian.
- Herbalism. Jamil, Tanvir // Pulse;5/5/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 18, p52
Reports on the popularity of using herbal medicines worldwide. Overview of herbal sales; Mechanism of treatment by herbal medicines; Indications of herbal medicines; Comparison with other drugs.
- Types of Herbal Claims Not Allowed Under FDA's Proposed New Rules. // Oriental Medicine Journal;Summer98, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p12
No abstract available.