Axios Launches Special Research Service for Tobacco Bonds
- Puerto Rico, the next emerging-market credit? CARMONA, JOSÉ L. // Caribbean Business;2/27/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p10
The article discusses the decision of Puerto Rican government in issuing government-obligation (GO) bonds for $3.5 billion. The view of Triet Nguyen, managing director of Chicago, Illinois-based Axios Advisors LLC, regarding the issuance of municipal bonds in Puerto Rico is also tackled. The...
- N.Y.C. to Restructure Tobacco Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p1
Reports on the restructuring of the tobacco bonds in New York City. Plans of the city officials to finance ongoing capital projects; Need of discussing the alternative tobacco bond structures; Use of double-barrel pledges in selling tobacco bonds.
- S.C. Tobacco Securitization Yields Extra $16 Million. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p39
Reports that the state government of South Carolina generated more proceeds than expected from the sale of tobacco revenue bonds. Excess amount generated from the bond deal; South Carolina officials' plans of taking a break after such a successful conclusion to the state's bond transaction;...
- IRS Ends Audit of Westchester County's '99 Tobacco Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p4
Reports the conclusion of the Internal Revenue Service audit on the tobacco securitization bond issue in Westchester County, New York. Retention of tax-exempt debt; Variation in the structure of tobacco financing; Recovery of working capital needs.
- UBS Report Sees Market Shift as Wisconsin Helps Run Up Supply. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p27
Reports the increasing volume of tobacco bonds in Wisconsin. Alteration of market dynamics; Expansion of calendar for tobacco deals; Projection of turbo redemption date.
- Another N.Y. county mulls tobacco debt. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/26/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30755, p1
Reports that Westchester County, New York officials are planning to sell bonds against 480 million dollars of proceeds the county expects to receive from the national tobacco settlement. Share in New York's overall settlement payment; Holding of the property tax rate.
- N.Y. City, Nassau tobacco plans reveal some major differences. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/26/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30755, p32
Reports on the differences in the tobacco bond issues of New York City and Nassau County, New York. Use of flexible amortization structures; Time cushions between planned payments and rated maturities.
- Tobacco Bonds. // Crain's New York Business;03/15/99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p34
Reports on New York City's selection of three firms to take the lead in arranging its proposed sale of bonds backed by funds from the legal settlement reached between American tobacco companies and 46 states.
- Tobacco-backed bonds could have rating cap: S&P report. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/02/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30653, p1
Reports that bonds issued against the national tobacco settlement may have their underlying ratings capped by the credit strength of the four major tobacco companies in the United States. Standard & Poor's use of weak-link approach in rating potential deals; Approach of the city in structuring...