California Pension Bond Plan Still Struggling in Legislature
- Opening Days of the New Congress. // Congressional Digest;Dec23, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p75
On December 3, the 68th Congress convened in the first regular session, known as the "long session," which will continue until the work of the congress is completed. The term of the 68th Congress actually began, therefore, on March 4, 1923, and the members of both branches have had nine months...
- SUPERFUND BILL NEEDS MAKEOVER. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/02/99, Vol. 243 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the difficulties faced by United States (US) Senate Republicans in their proposed Superfund reform bill on July 27, 1999. Reason for the opposition of construction groups on the Senate Bill; Controversial provisions of the bill; Efforts of US Senate Environment and Public Works...
- Game Over, Senate Free To Debate Financial Reform. Remmers, Jerry // Moderate Voice;4/28/2010, p6
The article reports that Republicans in the U.S. agreed in the last week of April 2010 by unanimous consent to begin debates in the Senate on the chamber's version of finance reform. Through this political grandstanding, Democrats wanted to embarrass Republicans, portraying them as pawns of the...
- GOP Being Damned Silly On Gun Control. EDABURN, PATRICK // Moderate Voice;04/09/2013, p1
The article reflects on the response of the Republican Party on the gun control bill. It mentions that at one instance, the bill seems to be increasingly minor without any real gun control. It guesses that if the bill got passed in the U.S. Senate, it will be challenged in the courts and will be...
- GOP Halts Union Legislation. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/27/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 136, p9
The article reports on the success of Republican senators to block the Employee Free Choice Act, the legislation that would make it easier for labor unions to organize workers. A 51 to 48 procedural vote to cut off debate and move the bill fell short of the required 60 votes to overcome a...
- Fast-Track Trade Bill Passes. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/22/2015, pB02
9 Less than a week after House Democrats sank trade-promotion legislation that Pres. Obama needs to wrap up a trans-Pacific trade deal, GOP leaders brought it back up for a vote and narrowly passed it, with just 28 Democrats supporting. Leaders pledged to bring up a bill on aid for...
- A bigger GOP majority in next Senate? Gizzi, John // Human Events;10/25/96, Vol. 52 Issue 40, p12
Reports on the performance of Republicans in Senate races in each of the states of the United States. Includes Jefferson B. Sessions for Alabama; Ted Steves as an institution in Alaska; expected win of Tim Hutchinson in Arkansas. INSET: Prediction: A Republican Senate in '97..
- GOP facing Senate doom. Moulitsas, Markos // Hill;4/16/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p33
The article reports that the Republican Party is facing significant decline in the U.S. Senate representation.
- Cartoon: GOP captures Senate. // Moderate Voice;11/8/2014, p3
A cartoon is presented which shows GOP taking over the U.S. Congress Senate.