Senate Slashes Bush Tax Proposal, Leaving Little for Dividend Plan
- Senate clears commerce, state, justice spending bill. // Human Events;11/6/93, Vol. 53 Issue 45, p22
Reports on the Senate approval of the final version of the Commerce, Justice and State Appropriations bill. Components of the House-approved bill; Inclusion of National Endowment for Democracy's budget in the bill; Other budget allocations in the bill; List of senators that participated in the...
- Senate passes own D.C. spending measure. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/19/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30750, p3
Reports that the United States Senate has passed its version of the District of Columbia fiscal 2000 appropriations bill. House version of the spending measure; Provisions of the bill.
- Senate rejects Medicare-scrapping budget. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;6/2/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 44, p8
The article reports on the rejection of the Medicare-scrapping budget by the U.S. Senate due to its potential negative impact on the country's economic structure.
- Senate OKs middle-class tax cut bill; unions strongly support measure. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;8/2/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 52, p21
The article reports that U.S. Senate has approved a middle class tax cut bill on July 25, 2012, keeping present tax cuts for families earning less than 250,000 U.S. dollars and individuals earning less than 200,000 U.S. dollars.
- Since When Is A Senate 81-19 Vote A Controversy Other Than What Took Them So Long. REMMERS, JERRY K. // Moderate Voice;12/15/2010, p12
A blog from columnist, Jerry K. Remmers, related to the U.S. Senate's vote for compromised tax bill, is presented.
- House-Senate Budget Deal Is Elusive. Baumann, David; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;5/1/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p1348
Focuses on the status of the fiscal 2005 budget resolution of the U.S. House of Representative and Senate as of May 2004. Provisions under the budget resolution proposed by the Senate; Preference of congressional Republicans and U.S. President George W. Bush to exempt tax cuts from the paygo...
- INVISIBLE MEN. Grafstein, Laurence // New Republic;8/2/82, Vol. 187 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on the budget projected by the U.S. Congressional Black Caucus. Reorganization of last year's tax cuts to increase benefits for lower and middle-income groups and provision for a $6-billion to $8-billion job-creation and job-training program; Opinion of the House majority leader, Jim...
- Senate needs to act on Medicaid DSH fixes. Rocklage, Mary Roch; Biester, Doris; Puglisi Jr, Frank // AHA News;7/15/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p4
Discusses the possibility of reducing the U.S. Medicaid budget. Appeal to U.S. senators not to cut budgets for Medicaid; List of organizations lobbying for the retention of the budget; Amount that will be slashed from the Medicaid disproportionate share hospitals.
- Power Parity in Oregon. Wong, Peter // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p22
Describes how Oregon lawmakers forged a historic power-sharing agreement after the 2002 general election resulted in a tie in the U.S. Senate. Creation of a framework for the power sharing agreement; Historical background on leadership crises in the Senate; Efforts made by the Oregon Senate to...