Infertility-Procedure Exclusion Not Bias
- LEGAL UPDATE. Hesse, Katherine A.; MacKenzie Ehrens, Doris R. // Benefits Quarterly;2001 First Quarter, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p66
Presents an update on legal cases related to employee benefits administration in the United States. Fotta versus Trustees of the United Mine Workers of America, Health and Retirement Fund of 1974; Robert Blue versus UAL Corp, et al.; Shepley versus New Coleman Holdings Inc.; Smith versus...
- Case roundup. Eversheds // Personnel Today;9/17/2002, p16
Presents cases on employment claims. McNicol versus Balfour Beatty Rail Maintenance Ltd; Blackburn & Others versus Gridquest Ltd; Details on the court rulings.
- Benefit managers seeking greater info on workings of PBMs. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;8/16/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p1
The increased scrutiny of the prescription benefit management (PBM) industry is giving benefit managers a clearer glimpse into PBMs' inner workings, empowering them to demand greater transparency. Many PBMs are still reluctant to share all of the information sought on their sources of revenue....
- 'Fair Share' bills perish following ERISA ruling. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;8/28/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the failure of Fair Share bills to be passed due to a suit filed by the Retail Industry Leaders Association against the Maryland Fair Share Health Care Fund Act. The legislation requires employers to spend at least 8% of their payroll on health care benefits for their...
- Regulators protecting contingent workers' rights. Smith, Shawn // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/8/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the legislation for contingent employment arrangement in the U.S. Prevention of lawsuits; Protection of the temporary workers' rights; Employee benefits.
- GUNTER V. WORKERS' COMPENSATION APPEAL BOARD (CITY OF PHILADELPHIA): TERMINATING PROMPT BENEFITS--EMPLOYER'S INITIAL PAYMENT DOES NOT ENTITLE UNDESERVING EMPLOYEE TO FUTURE BENEFITS. James, Heather M. // Widener Law Journal;2005, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p707
Focuses on the case Gunter versus Workers' Compensation Appeal Board (City of Philadelphia) in which it was held that an employer's initial payment does not entitle underserving employee to future benefits in Pennsylvania. Discussion on prior cases and the court's holdings in those cases;...
- LEGAL UPDATE. // Benefits Quarterly;2005 Third Quarter, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p54
Presents updates on various court cases concerning employee benefits in the U.S. as of September 2005. Shields versus Reader's Digest Association Inc.; Land versus CIGNA Healthcare of Florida; Singh versus Prudential Health Care Plan.
- Warning: Flex plan cash may be used for OT. Palmieri, Frank // Employee Benefit News;04/15/99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p52
Discusses the case of Madison versus Resources for Human Development (RHD). Argument of the employees regarding cash payments received through a Section 125 cafeteria plan; Need for employers who offer flex dollar credits to review the design and documentation of their Section 125 plans;...
- Infertility Is a Gender-Neutral Condition. Clark, Margaret M. // HR Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p103
Examines the court ruling on the sex discrimination lawsuit filed by Rochelle Saks against former employer Franklin Covey Co. Background on the case; Coverage of Saks' health plan on infertility treatments; Basis of the decision.