Same Race, Same Sex, Same Harassment
- Strategies for managers to recognize and remedy sexual harassment. Martell, Kathryn; Sullivan, George // Industrial Management;May/Jun94, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p5
Discusses ways managers can handle sexual harassment. Seriousness of the problem; Definition of sexual harassment; Downsides to the Supreme Court's decision on the case of Harris versus Forklift Systems Inc.; Employer liabilities; Measures to prevent sexual harassment.
- Tube's staff advisers to help beat bullying. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;7/9/2002, p4
Reports the revision of the harassment policies and practices in a bid to rid the company of the bullying culture in Great Britain. Increase the number of reported cases and staff discipline; Emphasis of zero tolerance approach to harassment; Use of notice boards, briefings, newsletters and...
- Have You Been Sexually Harassed? // Training & Development;Feb93, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p21
Presents a questionnaire on several issues concerning sexual harassment in the workplace. Corporate policies on sexual harassment; Role of human resource development personnel in resolving alleged sexual harassment cases; Implications on manpower development.
- Who's telling the truth? 4 tips to gauge credibility in he said/she said cases. // HR Specialist;Jul2011, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p4
The article offers tips for human resource (HR) managers on how to gauge credibility when facing conflicting stories of alleged harassment, including using the lesser standard of preponderance of the evidence, listening for evasive responses, and listening for significant contradictions.
- grievance gripes. // Employers Law;Jun2008, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of handling a sexual harassment case involving a managing director and a female employee.
- Firms 'fail to combat bullying.' Watkins, Jon // People Management;10/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p10
Presents information on the report 'Picking up the Pieces: How Organizations Manage the Aftermath of Harassment Complaints,' released by the educational and research charity Wainwright Trust. Details of the report; Forms of verbal harassment in the workplace; Guidelines for employers to prevent...
- Supervisor's insight. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;7/11/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 220, p3
The article offers tips to identify warnings signs of sexual harassment by focusing on verbal statements, particularly about a person's clothing and body, and nonverbal behavior such as unwanted touching.
- New risk: employee assault & battery lawsuits. // HR Weekly;7/14/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 28, p1
The article reminds that the definition of unlawful harassment and discrimination is a key concept for human resource (HR) professionals to learn as it observes that employees' lawyers are filing increasing number of state-law assault claims based on conduct similar to basic harassment suits.
- Stopping Sexual Harassment Before It Begins. McCalla, Robert K. // Management Review;Apr91, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on strategies for businesses to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace. Recognition of scenarios that could expose companies to sexual harassment risks; Establishment of anti-harassment policies; Implementation of punitive measures for offending parties.