The Downside of 'Secret' Profit Sharing
- Star performers receivemore than applause. // Marketing Week (01419285);6/7/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p27
The article looks at trends in businesses' employee incentive and reward systems. It says that the variety of employee rewards is increasing, and cites the fact that during economic downturns employees are pressed to do more but may not get any raises as a reason. Types of employee rewards...
- THE RIGHT INGREDIENTS. McKENZIE, MEREDYTH // Smart Business Cleveland;Sep2009, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p60
The article discusses Jeff Osterfeld's success in creating the Penn Station East Coast Subs business. With over 200 locations and a revenue of 112 million dollars in 2008, Osterfeld said he spent the first several years running it as a one man show. He stresses not only the importance of hiring...
- Profit sharing as an employee motivator. // Management Review;Jul83, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p57
Reports on the finding that profit sharing can still motivate all kinds of workers if it is presented in the right way by management according to the Profit Sharing Research Foundation. Classification of employees according to what motivates them; Factors to consider in order for profit sharing...
- Management update: Human resources management. Rothwell, Sheila // Journal of General Management;Summer87, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p90
This human resources management update looks at trends in payment systems, particularly performance-related pay. Where the blue-collar/white collar distinction is still preserved manual workers are much less likely than in the past to be on individual piecework or incentive pay schemes. In...
- BALAJI KRISHNAMURTHY. J. R. // Time;12/20/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 25, p134
Discusses how Balaji Krishnamurthy devised an innovative bonus system as CEO of Planar Systems. Consideration of how his policies reward rank-and-file employees before it moves up the chain of management; Reference to how his system allows every employee to feel the impact of the company's...
- Motivation Strategy. Stern, Gerry; Borcia, Yvette // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on personnel management strategies to motivate employees. Recognition of business scenarios that erode motivation; Suggestion to implement economic rewards to motivate employees; Offering of opportunities for career growth.
- Retaining Top Talent. Zingheim, Patricia K. // Executive Excellence;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
Provides six principles in developing a reward system to enhance employee performance. Creation of a positive and natural reward incentive; Alignment of rewards with business goals to create a win-win partnership; Recognition of individual ongoing value with base pay.
- Modern leadership is a motivation matter. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p13
Reports on survey findings indicating a moderate level of motivation among employees in Great Britain, as of November 1997. Lesser identification of employees with their companies; Growing sense of insecurity in workplaces; Role of leadership in motivating employees. INSET: Soundbites..
- Motivating employees. // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on motivating employees. Work culture and environment; Use of incentives in motivating employees; Incentives directed at individuals or groups.