Technology Brings Employee the Hartford Experience
- Technology brings employees "The Hartford Experience". Hammers, Maryann // Workforce Management;2003 Vendor Directory, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p64
Focuses on a technology initiative headed by Shelly Bancroft, assistant vice president of human resources (HR) department at Hartford, to consolidate and bring online the company's various HR systems. Expected benefits from the initiative; Driving factor for the initiative; Comments from Bancroft.
- On-line intelligence should move paperwork mountains. Richards-Carpenter, Colin // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p45
Focuses on portable database with instant access to human resources maanagement information as an essential tool for human resource management. Issue about keeping database up to date; How On-line technology may help solve the HR problems.
- HR makes the technology investment. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Jan95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p25
Reports on a survey by Lawson Software/Deloitte & Touche which shows the increasing use of information technology in human resource departments in the United States. Reasons for boosting technology capacity in human resource departments.
- Cruising cyberspace for the best recruits. Overman, Stephenie // HRMagazine;Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p52
Focuses on the use of information networks in personnel management. Advantages offered by posting online job advertisements; Variety of online resume choices; Cost-effectiveness; Companies using online services for human resource pooling.
- Get the max from an old system. O'Connell, Sandra E. // HR Magazine;Mar95, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p33
Presents strategies for making the most of an antiquated human resource information system. Taking inventory of available software and hardware; Improvement of available computer resources; Evaluating the capabilities of an old system.
- Virtual HR. // Across the Board;May95, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the increase in use of information technology-based human resource or personnel management systems in many companies, according to a Wyatt Co. survey.
- Planning and setting up a new HRIS: Part 1. O'Connell, Sandra E. // HR Magazine;Feb1994, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p36
Offers advice in planning and setting up a new human resources information system. Installing hardware and software; Basic training on the system; Examination of the work flow; Customization of the system.
- Recasting HRIS as an information resource. Townsend, Anthony M.; Hendrickson, Anthony R. // HR Magazine;Feb1996, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p91
Discusses the possibilities of enhancing the human resource or personnel department's information storage capabilities. Need to recast the role of the human resource information system (HRIS); Auditing of information resources; Restructuring information technology; Creation of an information...
- Planning and setting up a new HRIS: Part 2. O'CONNELL, SANDRA E // HR Magazine;Mar94, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p37
Part II. Discusses steps in the implementation of a human resource information system. Use of a time line to monitor each phase of the plan; Data conversion; Data entry and audit; Development of reporting processes; System administration; Communication of changes.