A Burning Sense of Mission
- The Value of a Personal Mission Statement for University Undergraduates. Searight, Barbara K.; Searight, H. Russell // Creative Education;Aug2011, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p313
Despite the developmental significance of emerging adulthood as a time for critical self reflection and clarification of values, college and university education rarely includes self-assessment in curricula. Stephen Covey's book "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" is a description of...
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Covey, Stephen R. // 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Business Book Summaries;2004, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
Today's complex and interdependent world is plagued by a myriad of common human challenges. In his renowned book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Dr. Stephen Covey proposes a principle-centered approach for addressing such challenges. The first habit, "Be Proactive," involves the...
- Self-Manage for Sales Success. Cole, Tony // American Salesman;Dec2013, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p27
The article focuses on the importance of providing immediate response to any crisis, emphasizing the need to adopt particular attitudes and behaviors to be able to self-manage a particular situation. It references the book "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey which offers...
- Managing in the 90s. Buhler, Patricia // Supervision;Nov96, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p24
Part 3. Presents lessons in effective management from the book `The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,' by Stephen R. Covey. Character as the building block of the win/win paradigm in business; Empathic listening; Communication as the cornerstone of synergy.
- Managing in the 90s. Buhler, Patricia // Supervision;Jan97, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p24
Part IV. Examines the book `The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,' by Stephen Covey. Overview of the habits; Ways to sharpen an individual's total well-being.
- The firefighter's bookshelf. Cook Jr., John Lee // Fire Engineering;Aug99, Vol. 152 Issue 8, p166
Reviews the book `The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People,' by Stephen R. Covey.
- Covey on trust. // Training & Development;Dec96, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p8
Discusses the need for training professionals to take a lead role in rebuilding trust in organizations shaken by downsizing, according to the book `The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,' by Stephen Covey. Sources of building trust; Person's perceived level of trustworthiness.
- A habit that keeps on going. // Publishers Weekly;9/20/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 38, p14
Highlights Stephen Covey's `Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.' Number of weeks on Publisher Weekly magazine's trade paper list; Number of copies printed; Full-page story by one of USA Today's business editors; Endorsement from President Bill Clinton.
- Effectively entering the 21st century. Dymetrenko, April L. // Records Management Quarterly;Jan98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p85
Reviews the book `The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,' by Stephen R. Covey.