At Last, a Shipshape Data System
- Enlisted update... // All Hands;Apr96, Issue 948, p4
Discusses some of the major personnel issues the Navy will address in 1996. Advancement exams; Sea/shore rotation; Conversion opportunities; Pay; Suicide prevention.
- Taking care of our own. // All Hands;Apr96, Issue 948, p12
Reports on several programs created by the Navy to support its service members and their families. Financial aid for those planning to adopt; Marrying foreign-born spouses; Morale, Welfare and recreation programs. INSET: Ombudsmen, groups offer special support..
- Getting orders. Conner, Jim // All Hands;Apr96, Issue 948, p32
Offers Navy service members guidelines for dealing with Navy detailers. Checklist for calling Navy detailers; Description of a detailer's job; Services offered by the Bureau of Naval Personnel. INSETS: Homebasing.;Eight types of duty..
- Job assistance team at sea. Rehana, Joseph L. // All Hands;Jun97, Issue 962, p44
Reports that the USS Independence joined the Mobile Job Assistant team in helping sailors within one year of separation, retirement or transfer to the Fleet Reserve prepare for their second career. Classes and training given to the participants.
- BUPERS emphasizes need for family care plans. // All Hands;Mar1998, Issue 971, p46
Reports on the US Navy's requirement for all service members to have a current family care certificate on file with their command. Information contained in the plans; Submission of plans; Contact information.
- Department of the Navy Financial Management Career program. Ryan, Robert // Armed Forces Comptroller;Fall95, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on education, courses and training programs sponsored by the United States Naval Financial Management Career Center. Course description; Criteria selection; Contact information.
- New evaluation system helps sailors. // All Hands;Aug95, Issue 940, p3
Discusses the advantages of the new evaluation system used by the Bureau of Naval Personnel. Control of grade inflation; Replacement of old ranking system; Mandatory counseling at the mid-point in the evaluation cycle.
- It's Time to Think as One Navy. Hagerott, Commander Mark // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2001, Vol. 127 Issue 8, p58
Discusses the reasons why the United States Navy should overhaul its personnel system to stay ahead of its potential adversaries. Transition from industrial age/platform-centric to knowledge age/network-centric; Experimentation with new operational doctrines; Functions of the proposed personnel...
- Personnel Notes. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun2000, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on personnel issues at the United States Navy.