Supporting Lifelong Learning and Competency Development
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Brown, Verlia; Janik, Barbara A.; Hodgson, Jeanne // RN;May75, Vol. 38 Issue 5, pICU14
Presents comments on articles related to intensive care unit (ICU) nursing. Orientation program for nurses who are to work in the ICU; Alternative activities of ICU nurses during slack days; Issue over the floating of staff nurses in the ICU.
- GUIDELINES FOR LASTING LEGACIES IN CRITICAL CARE NURSING. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p12
Editorial. Discusses the elements of critical care nursing that are part of legacy to future generations of critical care nurses.
- The Interdisciplinary Team Across the Continuum of Care. Annis, Theresa D. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p76
Presents a case study that demonstrates how the patient-focused implementation of teamwork by the critical care interdisciplinary team, under the leadership of the critical care clinical nurse specialist, contributed to the positive outcomes of a complex patient. Discussion on patient's...
- Consider the Career Options in Critical Care Nursing. Barden, Connie // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2003 Supplement, Vol. 23, p4
Deals with the critical care nursing profession as a career option for nurses. Complexity of the critical care nursing profession; Views on the significance of a critical care nurse; Benefits from being a critical care nurse.
- I Am a Critical Care Nurse. Fraser, Eldora // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2013, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p96
An interview with the critical care staff nurse Eldora Fraser is presented. When asked about her decision to choose nursing as a profession, she replied that the time she spent in the hospital as a teenage candy striper made her realize the importance of nursing profession. She mentions that she...
- Teaching kids about critical care. // RN;Sep99, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p28ac6
Reports that two critical care nurses from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, participated in the Partners in Education, a program sponsored by the Bethlehem Area Chamber of Commerce and designed to bring members of the community to public schools. Presentation to junior high students of information to...
- Nurses need a much wider knowledge of critical care. // British Journal of Nursing;2/27/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p206
Cites the Royal College of Nursing document 'Guidance for Nurse Staffing in Critical Care,' which identified the modernization of critical nursing practice and staffing levels as key healthcare challenges. Discussion of the role, responsibility and contribution of a critical care nurse to the...
- Hsiao-Ying Huang, Registered Nurse, Surgical ICU, Hualien Tzu Chi Hospital. // Tzu Chi Nursing Journal;Feb2015, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p36
No abstract available.
- Critical care close-up. Krumberger, Joanne M. // RN;Jul99, Vol. 62 Issue 7, Acute Care Decisions p2
Focuses on the experiences of the author as a critical care nurse. Restructuring in the practice environment; Definition of the needs of patients and families.