Effects of Patient-Controlled Music Therapy During Coronary Angiography on Procedural Pain and Anxiety Distress Syndrome
- The effect of music therapy on the level of anxiety in the patients undergoing coronary angiography. Doğan, Meltem Vizeli; Şenturan, Leman // Open Journal of Nursing;Sep2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p165
The sedative effects of music on healthy and sick individuals are known for centuries. Nowadays, nursing has used the efficacy of music therapy in interventions. The aim of the study was to determine the effect of music, which the patients undergoing a coronary angiography for the first time...
- The Effects of Music Therapy on Pain. Moser, Lauren // Kentucky Nurse;Jul-Sep2007, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses a research on the effects patient-controlled music therapy during coronary angiography on procedural pain and anxiety syndrome, with reference to a study by K. Bally and colleagues, published in the 2003 issue of "Critical Care Nurse." The effectiveness of music therapy was...
- Anxiety Score and Radial Artery Vasospasm. Ercan, Suleyman; Davutoglu, Vedat // Angiology;Jan2014, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p73
Response from the authors of the article "Anxiety score as a risk factor for radial artery vasospasm during radial interventions: a pilot study," which was published on the May 8, 2013 issue, is presented.
- Music as a Therapeutic Intervention for Anxiety in Patients Receiving Radiation Therapy. Smith, Maureen; Casey, Linda; Johnson, Darlene; Gwede, Clement; Riggin, Ona Z. // Oncology Nursing Forum;Jun2001, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p855
Purpose/Objectives: To determine whether music moderates the level of anxiety that patients experience during radiation therapy. Design: Experimental, longitudinal, random assignment to music or no music therapy. Setting: Urban radiation oncology center in a Department of Veterans Affairs...
- Relax at the Dentist. McDonald, Cara // Natural Solutions;Apr2010, Issue 124, p75
The article offers information on the health benefits of music in the dental practice to soothe mild to moderate anxiety.
- Relax at the Dentist. McDonald, Cara // Natural Solutions;Apr2010, Issue 124, p76
The article focuses on the health benefits of music in the dental practice to soothe mild to moderate anxiety.
- The Effects of Music Versus Silence on Measures of State Anxiety, Perceived Relaxation, and Physiological Responses of Patients Receiving Chiropractic Interventions. Strauser, Jill M. // Journal of Music Therapy;Summer1997, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p88
This study examined the effects of music versus silence on measures of state anxiety, perceived relaxation, and physiological responses of chiropractic patients prior to and immediately following chiropractic treatment interventions. Subjects (N = 30) were randomly assigned to one of 3...
- THE EFFECTS OF HARP MUSIC IN VASCULAR AND THORACIC SURGICAL PATIENTS. Aragon, Daleen; Farris, Carla; Byers, Jacqueline F. // Alternative Therapies in Health & Medicine;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p52
Evaluates the scientific foundation for the implementation of a complementary therapy, harp playing. Effect of harp playing on patient perception of anxiety, pain and satisfaction; Use of visual analog scales to measure pain and anxiety; Effects of music on physiological function; Concentration...
- Tune Out Tension. // Good Housekeeping;Sep2010, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p48
The article focuses on research findings from Karen Sherman and colleagues of the Group Health Research Institute indicating that listening to soothing music and practicing deep breathing may be as beneficial as a massage in controlling and preventing anxiety.