Teaching Documentation Tool: Building a Successful Discharge
- HeartMate II offers small size, applicability to more patients. Raible, Eric // Cardiology Today;Jun2008, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p24
The article evaluates the HeartMate II LV assist system from Thoratec Corporation.
- HeartMate II approval offers heart therapy for women, small men. Yoffee, Lynn // Biomedical Business & Technology;May2008, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p34
The article offers information on the HeartMate II Left Ventricular Assist System (LVAS) from Thoratec.
- Ventricular assist system available for destination therapy. // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2010, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p85
The article evaluates the HeartMate II left ventricular assist system (LVAS) for destination therapy from Thoratec Corp.
- Thoratec changes label to prevent side effects. // Medical Device Daily;4/6/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 67, p9
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to recall Thoratec's HeartMate II pump to fix the instructions rather than the product to prevent side effects.
- Good/bad news mix for Thoratec concerning HeartMate II trial. // Cardiovascular Device Update;Jun2007, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the trial being conducted for the HeartMate ventricular assist device of Thoratec, a maker of products to support the failing heart. The company reported an increase in its revenues for the first quarter of 2007. However, there are new regulatory concerns involving data...
- Thoratec buys catheter pump technology for $8.5M in cash. // Medical Device Daily;1/27/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p2
The article reports on the purchase of a catheter pump technology worth 8.5 million U.S. dollars by Thoratec. Bought from Getinge, the device will be used in developing a minimally invasive, acute cardiac axial flow pump that can be delivered percutaneously in the cardiac catheterization lab and...
- FDA circulatory systems panel reviewing PMAs for stent, VAD. // Medical Device Daily;11/29/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 216, p2
The article reports that the device panels of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration will convene to examine the premarket applications (PMA) for two cardiac devices. The PMA for the Xience drug-eluting stent for coronary artery lesions from Abbott Cardiovascular will be examined on November 29,...
- Thoratec hit with warning over medical device reports. McCarty, Mark // Medical Device Daily;2/29/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p1
This article reports on the impact of a January 3, 2012 warning letter alleging that Thoratec failed to file medical device reports on the company's shares trading on the Nasdaq stock exchange. The letter was posted on the morning of February 28 and the company's shares declined to less than...
- Thoratec shares waver after HeartMate II patient deaths. FORD, OMAR // Medical Device Daily;10/28/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 228, p1
The article reports that pharmaceutical company, Thoratec of Pleasanton, California, issued a notice to hospitals following 27 reports concerning wear and tear to its Heart Mate II Left Ventricular Assist System (LVAD) for end-stage heart failure. The company also held a conference call to...