- Film revisits Japanese war-crimes trials. // American History;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p16
Anticipates the History Channel's broadcasting of `Japanese War Crimes: Murder Under the Sun,' on September 10, 1996. Program description.
- The television scene. Buchman, Chris // Films in Review;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 42 Issue 1/2, p63
Reviews the television program `The Civil War,' by Ken Burn.
- `Monster Wars' series rolls out in television series debut. // Playthings;Dec93, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p51
No abstract available.
- The great divide. Leonard, J. // New York;9/24/90, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p110
Reviews `The Civil War,' a 12-hour documentary, directed by Ken Burns. `Evening Shade' on CBS starring Burt Reynolds; `E.A.R.T.H. Force' on CBS, and `Leona Helmsley: The Queen of Mean' on CBS are also briefly reviewed.
- Media reviews: Videodiscs. Tobojka, Cynthia // Media & Methods;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p25
Reviews the videodisc `The Civil War,' based on a television series of the same name.
- Sex Wars. M.G. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/17/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p56
Features the television program `Sex Wars.' Description of the show; Distributor: Producers; Talent.
- Cancer's killing fields. Abbasi, Kamran // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/24/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7127, p318
Looks at the exploration of political dimensions of cancer, through Channel 4's television series `Cancer Wars.'
- Allies win the war, ABC loses the battle. Waters, H.F. // Newsweek;11/14/1988, Vol. 112 Issue 20, p88
Discusses the $110 million ABC television miniseries `War and Remembrance.' Not only the costliest film project ever, it's the longest, at 30 hours, and the most feverishly promoted. Details producing the epic film; Problems; Stars; Plot; Projected ABC losses.
- History composed with film. Thomson, D. // Film Comment;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p12
Praises PBS's new documentary film `The Civil War,' by Ken Burns which starts on September 23.. Explores past films concerned with the Civil War; Historian and novelist Shelby Foote's observations and his involvement with the film.
- `Cold War'. // Army Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p73
Features CNN's `Cold War,' a 24-episode documentary on the history of conflict between the United States and Soviet Union. Examples of political figures interviewed by CNN for the documentary.