Managing the exploration vs. exploitation dilemma in transnational ï¿½bridging teamsï¿½
- Work environment more important than pay. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/09/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p18
Details findings of a survey conducted at New York career services firm Lee Hecht Harrison's annual College Day seminar, which showed that majority of college students and graduates prefer a comfortable work environment to high compensation. Percentage of respondents who suggested that...
- Creating and implementing high-performance workplaces. Irland, Gary; Reagan, Phil // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;6/10/96, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p5B
Discusses how to create and implement high-performance workplaces. Organization assessment; Integration and refinement; Development; Systems alignment.
- A look in. Gordon, Gloria // Communication World;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p4
Notes how traditional business principles and workplace issues still apply despite the technical revolution. Lessons that can be gleaned from the experience of dot-coms.
- The Power of Great Expectations. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p6
Comments on the role of expectations in industrial management. Identification of customer as the final arbiter of quality; Need for well-defined job expectations in the work environment; Emphasis on exceeding expectations; Mutual nature of expectations.
- Managing to get some good ideas at work. Goetz, Steve // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2001, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p34
Comments on the management practice trend in the modern office environment. Overview of the Blue Meany theory of management; Importance of self-promotion.
- How to Transform Your Workplace. // Nonprofit World;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p28
The article presents guidelines from the book "Transforming Work," by Patricia Boverie and Michael Kroth, in achieving trust and commitment in the workplace, which include encouraging risk taking among staffs and never stop learning and exploring new things.
- Look good, feel good. Palumbo, Chris; Cutts, Nigel // Estates Gazette;10/19/2002, Issue 242, p146
Talks about the importance of having an effective workplace design as a management tool that can heighten staff achievement and increase revenues. Fundamental approaches to the spatial development of the workplace; Significance of the reflection of the organizational structure in the workplace...
- Meaningful work. Terez, Tom // Executive Excellence;Feb99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p19
Presents insights and strategies on creating a meaningful workplace for executives. Difference between job satisfaction and workplace meaning; Ineffectiveness of motivators in establishing a meaningful workplace; Elements of a meaningful workplace.
- FROM THE EDITOR. Puffer, Sheila M. // Academy of Management Executive;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p5
This article discusses various published reports within the August 2000 issue of the journal "Academy of Management Executive," including one about managing the work environment as well as Australia's managerial practices.