The coordination of globalized R&D activities through project teams organization: an exploratory empirical study
- Test your global mindset. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;11/02/98, Vol. 247 Issue 20, p12
Offers an eight-question test for companies that want to operate globally. Importance of global mindset in operating globally; Explanations from Vijay Govindarajan, a professor of international business at Dartmouth College's Amos Tuck School of Business Administration. INSET: Noted.
- Managing the mixed marriage. Agthe, Klaus E. // Business Horizons;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p37
Discusses management strategies for multinational organizations. Case of Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.; Scope and essential characteristics of truly global organizations; Simple versus complex organizations; Matrix organizations; Worldwide versus regional management; Management by objectives.
- Thinking small in a large company. Calvin, Donald W. // Research Technology Management;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p18
Describes how Dow Chemical and other large companies balance the flexibility and focus of the small firm with the strengths of the big one. Identification and leveraging of core capabilities across business units; Decentralization of research and development (R&D) function; Dual accountability...
- International Managerial Grids. Blake, Robert R.; Mouton, Jane S. // Training Directors Journal / ASTD;May65, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p8
Recommends the management grid seminars for improving the management of U.S.-based multinational corporations. Concept of the management training approach; Improvement in the relationships between American and resident nationals.
- THE CHALLENGE OF GLOBAL CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT. Montgomery, David B.; Yip, George S. // Marketing Management;Winter2000, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p22
Global account management is a new process by which multinational companies can better manage their relationships with global customers. This article provides a framework and methodology that managers can use to diagnose whether and how to use global account management. We also report on...
- Going global? Do it right. Mariotti, John // Industry Week/IW;01/10/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 1, p62
Discusses the common errors made by companies in pursuing globalization strategies. Tips in avoiding the problems.
- Services can help tackle cultural business barriers. Levey, J. David // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/10/99, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p16
Offers advice to companies trying to do business in a foreign location. Formation of a strategy to overcome language and cultural communications barriers; Use of language services; Importance of translators in the negotiations.
- SYMPTOMS AND REPERCUSSIONS OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PROBLEMS. // Management Review;Dec92, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p14
Presents a chart showing the symptoms, description and results of international business problems including confusion about corporate goals.
- Managing technology in a multinational corporation. Morton, David // Business Quarterly;Autumn90, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p103
Discusses strategies for managing technology in a multinational corporation. Organization of research and technology for effectiveness; Generation and deployment of required technology; Research and development program review; Need for continuous improvement.