- METALFORMERS SHOW HINT OF ECONOMIC OPTIMISM. // Metal Center News;Aug2003, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p48
Reports on the forecast for economic trends in metalworking industry in the Precision Metalforming Association business Conditions Report. Expected trends with regard to incoming orders by metalworkers; Overview of the increase in economic activity in metalworking industries; Predictions for...
- Formal Certification Program for Metalworking Fluids Experts Approved. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Nov2003, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the approval of the recommendations to begin a new formal program to certify metalworking fluid experts by the Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers in Park Ridge, Illinois. Significance of the recommendation; Establishment of a permanent committee to work on the...
- It's Top Job Time. // Ornamental & Miscellaneous Metal Fabricator;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p64
The article offers information on the National Ornamental & Miscellaneous Metals Association's (NOMMA) annual awards contest, for which metal fabricators have to submit 1-3 photographs of their work along with a 160-word description, and the deadline for the contest is December 31, 2012.
- Guide to AWS Services. // Welding Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p79
A guide to the American Welding Society Services is presented. Contact information is provided for technical services, fellowships, administrative department and society officers. Telephone numbers, fax numbers, Web sites and addresses are provided including those of the government liaison...
- Industry News. // MAN: Modern Applications News;Aug2003, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p6
Reports on various issues related to the manufacturing industry in the U.S. as of August 2003. Information on the April U.S. machine tool consumption; Implications of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) PMI index to the manufacturing economy; Growth in the ISM new order index; Information...
- Survey finds that metalformers more upbeat about business. Shingler, Dan // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/27/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p20
The article discusses a report released by the Precision Metalforming Association, which states that metalformers of North America are feeling more optimistic about their near-term prospects. In July 2009 survey of the Association, in which 131 member companies participated, 46% of the companies...
- METALWORKING ASSOCIATIONS COOPERATE IN HEALTHCARE PROGRAMS. // American Machinist;May2007, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p12
No abstract available.
- FINKL SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED. // Forging;May/Jun2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the recipients of the Finkl Scholarships from the Forging Industry Educational Research Foundation. Suggestion that the scholarships are named in memory of Charles W. Finkl for his contributions to education and the forging industry; Claim that majority of the students are majoring in...
- the diary. // Metalworking Production;Aug 2004-2005 Annual Review, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p5
Presents a calendar of events involving professional associations related to the metalworking industries.