S&P Adds Claims-Paying, Liquidity Analysis to Annual Reports
- MBIA, Ambac Lowered. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/6/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32894, p1
The article reports on the downgrade rating given to MBIA Insurance Corp. and Ambac Assurance Corp. after Macquarie Group, the Australian investment bank and infrastructure specialist was reported to be planning to start a bond insurer in the U.S. The insurers' lack of new business prospects,...
- Jefferson Receiver Sought. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32969, p1
The article reports on the emergency motion filed by insurers and the bond trustee of the Jefferson County in response to the appointment of a receiver for the sewer system in Alabama. It is noted that Standard & Poor's Corp. reduced its underlying rating on the $120 million Series 2001B general...
- Ambac Stock Downgraded to 'Outperform' by Analyst. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31035, p28
Reports on the rating of the bonds of Ambac Assurance Corp. Financial status of the company.
- Fitch Affirms Bond Insurer Ambac's AAA Rating. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31196, p38
Reports on Fitch's affirmation of Ambac Assurance Corp.'s bond ratings. Financial profile of the company; Range of services provided by Ambac as a full-service guarantor.
- S&P: Mortgage Woes Hurting Bond Insurers. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2008, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the effects of the continuing mortgage-related deterioration in the U.S. to the financial ratings of various bond insurers including Ambac Assurance Corp. and MBIA Insurance Corp. Standard & Poor's (S&P) Rating Services lowered its financial ratings on Ambac and MBIA to AA...
- New Jersey Qualified Bond Act Program Lowered to A-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;9/11/2014, p24
The article reports on A-minus rating given by Standard & Poor's Rating Services for bonds secured by New Jersey's Qualified Bond Act program which was removed from CreditWatch where they had been placed with negative implications on June 3, 2014.
- S&P warning fails to shake plans for next Eurobond. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/23/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 25, p22
Reports on the decision of the Lebanese government to push through with its planned international debt issue despite the United States credit ratings agency Standard & Poor's (S&P) to place the sovereign ratings on negative credit watch. Total debt to be issued at a fixed rate; Joint managers...
- Downgrade fails to hurt Santa Ana deal. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;05/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30389, p40
Reports that Standard & Poor's downgraded the $8.1 million of refunding bonds the Santa Ana, California Financing Authority sold for the city's redevelopment agency. Slight impact of the downgrade on the bond's performance; Downgrade of one of the three series of bonds sold on May 6, 1998 for...
- Minnesota Orchestra Credit Stabilizes Post Lockout. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;12/23/2014, p37
The article reports on the stable outlook issued by Standard & Poor's Rating Services for the Minnesota Orchestral Association as of December 23, 2014.