S&P Adds Claims-Paying, Liquidity Analysis to Annual Reports
- S&P Drops Ambac Three Notches to A. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;11/20/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33008, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's downgraded the rating of Ambac Financial Group Inc. bond insurer subsidiary Ambac Assurance Corp. three notches from AA to A in the U.S. Ambac Assurance Corp. paid $1 billion to financial counterparties to commute four transactions. Ambac expects to...
- MBIA, Ambac Lowered. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/6/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32894, p1
The article reports on the downgrade rating given to MBIA Insurance Corp. and Ambac Assurance Corp. after Macquarie Group, the Australian investment bank and infrastructure specialist was reported to be planning to start a bond insurer in the U.S. The insurers' lack of new business prospects,...
- Ambac Stock Downgraded to 'Outperform' by Analyst. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31035, p28
Reports on the rating of the bonds of Ambac Assurance Corp. Financial status of the company.
- Fitch Affirms Bond Insurer Ambac's AAA Rating. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31196, p38
Reports on Fitch's affirmation of Ambac Assurance Corp.'s bond ratings. Financial profile of the company; Range of services provided by Ambac as a full-service guarantor.
- Just Before $132M Issue, University of Cincinnati Is Downgraded by S&P. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on downgrade in ratings of multimillion dollar debt that includes short-term notes and long-term new-money and refunding bonds issued by the University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, Ohio by Standard & Poor's Corp. Reason for downgrade in bond ratings; Possible issuance of several other...
- Agencies Assign High Ratings To California's $11B Raw Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p1
California's upcoming $11 billion revenue anticipation warrant sale was assigned a preliminary SP-1 rating by Standard & Poor's Corp. in the week ending June 6, 2003. State Controller Steve Westly said that with these ratings he expects the one-year debt to sell at an interest rate below...
- Doubts on Multi-Faith. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31746, p31
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. to change its outlook after the planned expansion of Multi-Faith Retirement Services in Shreveport, Louisiana. Impact of the decision on the sale of rated revenue bonds; Consideration of the operating losses of the organization.
- S&P Lowers Alabama Outlook. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p2
Reports that Standard and Poor's has revised its rating on the general obligation bond in Alabama. Factors influencing the rating of the bond.
- S&P: Baltimore Deal on the Investment-Grade Fence. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32302, p30
The article reports on the ratings given by Standard & Poor's Corp. for Baltimore's upcoming sale of tax-exempt revenue bonds in Maryland. The proceeds of the sale will be used to finance construction of a new 752-room Hilton convention hotel. The largest series of the sale was rated BBB-minus....