NEWS IN BRIEF
- Treasury to Sell Record $81 Billion in Refunding. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/5/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33212, p31
The article reports on the plan of the Treasury Department to sell 81 billion of notes to raise 42.5 billion at its quarterly refunding in the U.S. It states that the department will sell 40 billion worth of three-year notes on November 9, 2009 and 16 billion worth of 30-year bonds on November...
- Treasury Details 5-Year Note Auction. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p2
Reports on the sale of five-year notes by the Department of Treasury in the U.S.
- Treasury 4-Week Bills Go at 5.055% High Yield. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;10/25/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32494, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Treasury Department auctioned about $18 billion of four-week bills at a 5.055 percent high yield for a price of 99.592792 on October 24, 2006. The coupon equivalent was estimated at 5.146 percent while the bid-to-cover ratio was 2.36. An estimated 41.67 percent...
- Treasury to Raise $2B With 4-Week Bills. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/12/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32236, p2
Reports on the announcement of the U.S. Department of the Treasury that it will sell $10 billion of four-week discount bills to raise new cash.
- Treasury 4-Week Bills To Raise $7B in New Cash. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34220, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Treasury Department will sell $15 billion of four-week discount bills on July 11, 2006. This will raise $7 billion in new cash and refund $8 billion of maturing bills. It will have an issue date of July 13, 2006 and are due August 10, 2006. Federal reserve banks...
- Treasury to Offer $25B 12-Day Cash Managements. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p7
The article reports on the plan of the United States Treasury Department to auction $25 billion of 12-day cash management Treasury bills on March 1, 2006.
- Treasury 30-Year Bonds Go At 4.449% High Yield. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32812, p33
The article reports on the auction of $9 billion of 30-year bonds by the Treasury Department in the U.S. on February 7, 2008. These bonds were sold with a 4 3/8% coupon at a 4.449% high yield, a price of 98.780998. The bid-to-cover ratio was 1.82. Tenders totaled $16,370,583,000 and the Treasury...
- T-Bill Auction to Raise $998 Million of New Cash. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p2
The article reports on the plan of the United States Treasury Department to raise $998 million of new cash at its weekly auction of 91-day and 182-day discount bills on January 16, 2007. The Treasury plans to sell $31 billion to refund $30.002 billion in maturing securities. The 91-day bills are...
- T- Bill Auction To Raise New Cash. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p2
Reports on the United States Treasury Department's auction of 91-day and 182-day discount bills on August 8, 2005.