Stanford to Sell $150 Million of Tax-Exempt Commercial Paper
- Report: Kansas Should Drop Opposition to Issuing GO Debt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p4
The article reports on the need for Kansas to drop its reluctance to issue voter-approved general obligation bonds. The state also needs to adopt a set of policies to guide state debt issuance and management. The recommendation is made by the Kansas Public Financing Center at Wichita State...
- Univ. of Washington Turns to Variable Rate for First Time in Years. Kellemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p31
Reports on the plan of the University of Washington to sell variable-rate bonds. Structure of the bonds; Uses of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- New ASU Campus Is Focus of Phoenix's $850M GO Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32209, p4
Reports on the development of Arizona State University's planned campus in downtown Phoenix as the main focus of the city's general obligation bond authorization package expected to go before voters in March 2006. Outline made for the City Council the city's proposal for dividing up the proposed...
- Key Virginia Panel Approves $370M In GO Bonding for Higher Education. Vadum, Mathew // Bond Buyer;1/25/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32305, p6
This article reports that a new legislation has been approved in Virginia, which authorizes the issuance of $369.5 million in double-barreled general obligation bonds for higher education-related projects in the state. The House Appropriations Committee unanimously passed the measure. It was...
- Nashville's Vanderbilt University Wrapping Up $75M Taxable CP Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p7
Reports on the sale of commercial paper by the Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Flexibility in funding the future needs of the university; Stability of the endowment and bond ratings of the school; Limitation of debt capacity.
- Vanderbilt Univ.'s $275M Deal Includes Rarely Used Type of CP. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31910, p4
Reports on the finalization of a multimillion commercial paper deal by Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Inclusion of 150 million of tax-exempt of extendible municipal commercial paper and 125 million of standard commercial paper notes that rely on self liquidity in the deal;...
- HEFA Votes 2 Deals. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31928, p35
Reports that the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority voted to issue bonds for Tufts University and for the Northeast Hospital Corp.
- Dorm Deals Get Nod. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;7/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31933, p35
Reports on the approval of bond issue for New York University and University of Rochester by the board of the New York State Dormitory Authority. Terms of the offering; Lead managers for the deals.
- Florida's NSU Selling $98M for University Center Project. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/29/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32349, p36
The article reports that the Nova Southern University in Florida has sold educational facilities revenue bonds through the Broward County Educational Facilities Authority. Proceeds of this bond are to be used for the completion of the University Center. It will also be used to finance the...