ABA Report: Trustee's Role Primarily Administrative
- Moody's upgrades Arizona COPs, citing economy. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p6
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's increase of its credit rating of Arizona's certificates of participation (COPs) resulting to an upgrade of the some of the state's outstanding tax-supported debt. Factors influencing the rating upgrade; Impact on trading in the COPs.
- News In Brief: Whitman Hanson RSD Up to A2 By Moody's. // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p2
Reports that U.S.-based rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the rating on approximately $21.4 million in outstanding long-term securities from Whitman Hanson Regional School District in Massachusetts.
- Nims Are Back in Town. Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;07/17/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p4
Focuses on the rise of net interest margin (NIM) securitization in 2000. Information on a traditional NIM securitization; NIM securitizations rated by Moody's Investors Service; Enhancements made to NIM securitizations.
- Moody's Investors Service Baits Market With $200M Private Deal. Colomer, Nora // Private Placement Letter;08/28/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the private placement offered by Moody's Investors Service in August 2000. Value of the deal; Price range; Background on Moody's.
- Moody's Set to Release Servicer Ratings. Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;01/08/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
States that Moody's Investors Service will introduce formal service ratings and expects to release its criteria in January 2001. Purpose of the move; Details on the ratings; Factors being considered by the company before the introduction.
- Moody's touts ambitious transition study. // Asset Securitization Report;2/3/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p4
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's touting of a comprehensive structured finance transition study, tracking deals as far back as 1983. Goal to serve as a statistical reference for the industry; Use of the ratings history of securities.
- Moody's: Ratings in Jeopardy If Trustees Have Weak Oversight. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p29
Reports that the financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. is evaluating the role of trustees in the structured finance market in the U.S. Securities that the agency would downgrade if provisions for overseeing sellers and services is weak; Disagreement between the rating agency...
- Moody's Boosts Goldman Debt Ratings. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;8/13/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 154, p20
Reports on the upgrade of the senior unsecured debt ratings for the New York-based investment banking firm Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to Aa3 from A1 by credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service. Background of the upgrade; Long-term prospects of the businesses of Goldman; Upgrade of other...
- Raleigh, N.C., COPs Upgraded. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p2
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade Raleigh, North Carolina's certificates of participation, Series 1999 equipment acquisition project.