Salomon Gets Tobacco Nod
- Making Tax Increases a Nonstarter. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p1
Reports that New York governor George E. Pataki has promised to solve the state's budget problem by selling tobacco bonds and cutting spending. Methods by which Pataki expects to achieve savings; Deficit in the state's budget; Item in the governor's budget which is likely to trigger a controversy.
- MBBA tax lien ABS ramping up. // Asset Securitization Report;5/27/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on the plan of the State of New York Municipal Bond Bank Agency (MBBA) public benefit corporation to purchase tax lien receivables from various municipalities. Approval of New York Governor George Pataki on the tax lien; Plan of MBBA to be a per-annum issuer; Involvement of educating...
- Pataki takes New York for a third term. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;11/7/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 45, p3
Focuses on the victory celebrations for the three-term governor for New York George Pataki in the ballroom at the Hilton Hotel. Welcome of the governor; Obligatory praise by Pataki for his political opponent H. Carl McCall; Factors that attributed to McCall's failure in the elections.
- LI issues are heating up for Pataki. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/25/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p51A
Focuses on issues faced by governor George Pataki in his plan for reelection in Long Island, New York. Assessment on Pataki's contributions in the state; Emphasis on the problem of obscure electrical agency in Suffolk County; Confrontations over the Nassau budget mess.
- Road Bonds GO. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p35
Focuses on the negotiated sale of general obligation road bonds worth multi-million dollars by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. Credit ratings assigned to the bond sales.
- $1 Billion Calif. Gos Won by Salomon; Municipal Prices Finish Little Changed. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p2
Reports the acquisition of the general obligation refunding bonds by the Salomon Smith Barney Inc. in California. Protection of portfolios; Indication of economic recovery; Risk in the corporate bond market.
- Stressing synergy, Salomon's muni group grabs Toronto Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30625, p5
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. has won the deal to sell up to $600 million of Canadian toll road bonds in the United States. Expanded role given to the firm's municipals group; Terms of the deal.
- Corporate-parent hospital deals continue despite critics. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;06/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30664, p6
Focuses on corporate-parent bond deals for hospitals in the United States as of June 17, 1999. Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s arrangement of corporate-parent deals; Factors affecting the medical care bonds market.
- Salomon to Handle Iowa Tobacco Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p40
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. will serve as book-runner on Iowa's 650 million dollar sale of bonds.