Superior mesenteric arterial embolism: treatment by trans-catheter thrombo-aspiration
- Multidetector CT angiography in the evaluation of acute mesenteric ischemia. Ofer, Amos; Abadi, Sobhi; Nitecki, Samy; Karram, Tony; Kogan, Igor; Leiderman, Maxim; Shmulevsky, Pavel; Israelit, Shlomi; Engel, Ahuva // European Radiology;Jan2009, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p24
The aim of this study was to determine the accuracy of multidetector row CT angiography in the diagnosis of acute mesenteric ischemia. Ninety-three consecutive studies on 91 patients with clinically suspected acute mesenteric ischemia underwent abdominal CT angiography as the first, and usually...
- The role of CT in acute mesenteric ischemia. Galanou, Ioanna; Milani, Diego; Conti, Claudia; Farinella, Eriberto; Di Patrizi, Micol Sole; Trastulli, Stefano; Cirocchi, Roberto; Mecarelli, Valerio; Giustozzi, Giammario; Sciannameo, Francesco // BMC Geriatrics;2009 Supplement 1, Vol. 9, Special section p1
Background Acute mesenteric ischemia is not a frequent abdominal emergency. The 90% mortality of this affection is related to a delayed diagnosis. Superior mesenteric artery embolism is the most frequent cause of mesenteric ischemia. In this study we analyzed the diagnostic role of CT in this...
- Long-term benefit of thrombolytic therapy in patients with pulmonary embolism. Sharma, G.V.R.K.; Folland, E.D.; McIntyre, K.M.; Sasahara, A.A. // Vascular Medicine;2000, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p91
A total of 23 of the 40 patients who had angiographically proven pulmonary embolism and who had initially been randomized to an IV infusion of heparin ( n= 11) or a thrombolytic agent (urokinase or streptokinase, n = 12) were restudied after a mean follow-up of 7.4 years to measure the...
- Letters to the Editor. Mofredj, Ali; Baraka, Daoud; Beldjoudi, Brahim; Almoosa, Khalid // American Family Physician;8/15/2002, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p560
Comments on a study which examined the effectiveness of thrombolytic therapy in the treatment for pulmonary embolism. Background on thrombolytic therapy; Results of related clinical trials; Controversy surrounding the treatment.
- Thrombolysis and pulmonary embolism. Rowbury, Gemma // British Journal of Cardiac Nursing;Feb2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p80
Acute pulmonary embolism is a condition that is associated with serious morbidity and mortality. Thrombolysis is a therapeutic option advocated by national guidelines for patients with haemodynamic compromise. However, this treatment is the subject of debate and there are a number of...
- Successful treatment of a patient with pulmonary embolism and biatrial thrombus. Aksu, Hale Ünal; Ertürk, Mehmet; Gül, Mehmet; Clinic, Nevzat Uslu // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Mar2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, pE-13
The article presents the case of a 57-year-old male patient with pulmonary embolism and biatrial thrombus who was successfully treated with intravenous thrombolytic therapy.
- Thrombolytic therapy in treatment. // British Medical Journal;6/28/1980, Vol. 280 Issue 6231, p1585
Examines the use of thrombolytic therapy for the management of acute deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism in Great Britain. Prevention of venous valvular damage; Elimination of sources of subsequent embolization; Alleviation of hemodynamic disturbances.
- Thrombolytics reduce mortality in patients with pulmonary embolism who are hemodynamically stable. // Modern Medicine;Oct97, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p17
Presents results of the study on the effects of thrombolytic therapy on patients with pulmonary embolism who are hemodynamically stable. Decrease in mortality rate; Reduction on the chance of recurrent embolism; Increase on the risk of major bleeding complications.
- Mesenteric arterial ischaemia: diagnosis and therapeutic options. Cleveland, TJ; Nawaz, S; Gaines, PA // Vascular Medicine;2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p311
Ischaemia of the bowel may arise from a number of causes affecting the arterial and venous compartments of the vascular tree. This article addresses the causes and consequences of arterial obstruction, which may compromise the supply of oxygenated blood to the bowel. These events may occur as an...