- Belgium starts nuclear reaction. // Engineer (00137758);3/1/2003, Vol. 291 Issue 7591, p4
Reports on the decision of Belgium to phase out nuclear power by the year 2025.
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Oct2001, p109
Deals with the supply of nuclear energy in the U.S. as of July 2001. Decline in nuclear electricity net generation; Number of total operable nuclear generating units; Capacity of operable nuclear generating units as of July 31, 2001.
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Feb2002, p111
Deals with the nuclear electricity net generation in the U.S. as of November 2001. Nuclear share of electricity net generation; Nuclear power plant operations; Nuclear generating units.
- EUN TICKER. // Energy User News;Mar2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
Reports developments related to energy resources as of March 2001. Costs of the nuclear power production in the United States; Energy crisis in California; Purchase of a natural-gas-fired power plants from Enron Corp.
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Sep2003, p115
Presents an overview of nuclear energy generation in the U.S. from 1973 to 2002. Estimation pertaining to the average capacity of nuclear energy generation in the U.S.; Display of table showing the energy generation capacity of the U.S.; Total operable units and net summer capacity of operable...
- Texas Poised to Lead American Nuclear Renaissance. Hutchison, Kay Bailey // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);8/14/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p2
The article reports on the characteristics and benefits of having a nuclear power in the U.S. and the role poised to be played by Texas in the American nuclear renaissance.
- NUCLEAR POWER IS AN OPTION. // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Mar2001, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p27
Addresses safety issues concerning the use of nuclear power. Number of deaths in the coal mining industry in the United States per year; Losses per normal year in China's coal mining sector.
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Mar2001, p109
Presents an overview of nuclear energy generation in the U.S. in December 2000.
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Jul2001, p109
Provides information on nuclear energy in the U.S. as of April 2001. Net generation of U.S. nuclear electricity; Decline in the nuclear units generated at an average capacity factor; Capacity of operable nuclear generating units as of April 30, 2001.
- Nuclear Power at Risk. Hively, William // American Scientist;Jul/Aug88, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p341
Focuses on the state and future of nuclear power in the U.S. Opposition from various sectors of society on the further development of nuclear power; Estimates on the chances of a nuclear power meltdown in the country.