Minimum wages go up
- ï¿½50m. // Employers Law;Aug2010, p5
The article reveals that employers will face a cost of 50-million pounds when the adult age of full national minimum wage is lowered to 21, according to the British Government.
- Growing Payroll and Brands. Schroeder, Carol L. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Apr2007, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p22
The article provides information on keeping payroll costs despite the increase of Federal minimum wage in the U.S. It discusses that the impact of an increase will depend on how close the wages on the Federal minimum of $5.15, as well as the proposed new rate of $7.25. For instance that the...
- Do company wage policies persist in the face of minimum wages? Lam, Katherine; Ormerod, Catrin; Ritchie, Felix; Vaze, Prabhat // Labour Market Trends;Mar2006, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p69
Investigates how the wage rate for a job reacts to changes in the national minimum wage (NMW) in Great Britain. Mechanisms to examine the effect of the NMW on company wage setting policies; Impact of the NMW on individuals, companies and the labor market in general; Evidence for a relatively...
- Before we rush into things. // Inside Tucson Business;7/10/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p4
The article comments on the proposal to set a state minimum wage in Arizona. The initiative proposal calls for setting a state minimum wage at $6.75 per hour and then adjusting it annually based on inflation. Both state and national surveys indicate that more than 80 percent of the population...
- Meeting the minimum. Wright, Jonathan-Exten; Bragg, Joanna // Commercial Motor;11/4/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5103, p34
Addresses issuess surrounding minimum wage rate of employees in Great Britain. Increase in wage rate in October 2004; Information on minimum wage rate of employees per age range; Pays that are not counted to the minimum wage.
- Labour Issues: 8.1 Compensation and Benefits. Dew, Philip // Doing Business with Jordan;2004, p353
Chapter 8.1 of the book "Doing Business With Jordan" is presented. It discusses the cost of labor in Jordan that serves as an indicative guide for companies considering an investment in the country. Since January 1, 2003, the minimum wage is JOD85 a month. Overtime on a regular working day is...
- Minimum wage hikes sought by states. // American Nurseryman;6/15/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 12, p13
The article discusses a report published in the May 10, 2006 issue of the newspaper "USA Today" that reveals that the number of states within a minimum wage higher than the federal level currently totals to 21. In 2006, seven states increased their minimum wage, and efforts are underway to get...
- State Minimum Wage Increases Multiply. Webster, Hugh K. // Welding Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p4
Reports on a trend in the United States to effect increases in the hourly state minimum wage. Move by the state of New York to raise the state's minimum wage by two dollars to be phased-in over a two-year period; Number of states with a minimum wage that exceeds the federal level.
- The minimum wage today: hoe well does it work? Levitan, Sar A.; Belous, Richard S. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul79, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p17
Discusses various aspects of the study of minimum wages in the U.S. Basic models of minimum wage investigations; Role of minimum wage in maintaining the work ethic; Role of wage rate subsidies in reducing the labor costs of an employer.