GM struggles to negotiate worker demands in its
- A strike's deep impact. Howard, Lucy; O'Donnell, Paul // Newsweek;6/29/1998, Vol. 131 Issue 26, p6
Looks at the impact of the June 1998 strike against General Motors. Daily losses; Impact on the rollout of the 1999 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickup trucks; Comments from observers.
- On hold. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;06/29/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on the strike of employees at General Motors Corporation in Flint, Michigan. Impact of the strike on the market; Details on the strike; Comments from chief financial officer of the company, Wabash Alloys, Howard Sinclair.
- Union muscle crimped growth. Heikens, Norm; Jefferson, Greg; Ketzenberger, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/24/98, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p4
Reports that the strikes of General Motors Corp.'s employees in Indiana signify the automobile industry's accuracy in reflecting economic trends in the state.
- The impact of the strike at GM. Eisenstein, Paul A.; Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/98, Vol. 90 Issue 138, p1
Examines the impact of an auto workers strike at General Motors Co. in Flint, Michigan. How the strike could effect labor-management relations in other industries; Key issues; The organization of the strike by the United Autoworkers union (UAW); Comments of labor management and (UAW) officials.
- Wildcat strike idles Cavalier, Sunfire output. Child, Charles // Automotive News;4/22/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5655, p39
Reports that production of the automobiles Chevrolet Cavalier and Pontiac Sunfire of General Motors (GM), was halted because of a an unauthorized strike of assembly workers in Lordstown, Ohio in April 1996. Reason for the strike; Information on the United Automobile Workers (UAW)-GM contract on...
- GM strike seen spurring jobless claims. Fields, Monee; Barrett, Terry // American Banker;6/24/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 119, p26
Reports that the number of jobless claims in the United States have increased, following the strike against General Motors Corporation. Length of time the strike has been in existence; Total number of workers affected by GM's closure of its 30 North American assembly plants; Why the workers...
- Strike idles 950 YPSI GM workers. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/14/96, Vol. 12 Issue 42, p44
States that the employees of General Motors Corporation's Ypsilanti transmission plant, have been idled by the strike of Canadian autoworkers. Why United States workers were off the job; Number of General Motors' employees affected by the strike.
- GM, UAW settle strike after 17 days. // Traffic World;4/1/96, Vol. 246 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the agreement of March 22, 1996 between General Motors Corporation (GM) and United Auto Workers (UAW) on employee strike. Information on settlement after 17 days of striking; Effect of strike on GM and UAW companies in the United States; Comments from Ken Simonson, chief economist at...
- LABOR. // Automotive News;8/28/2000 Anniversary Supplement, Vol. 74 Issue 5890, p26
Focuses on the settlement of the 1937 strike by General Motors employees in Michigan. Approval of a 5-cent increase in the per-hour wage of employees; Plant shutdowns caused by the strike; Accounts of the collective bargaining contract between the management and employees.