IN THE LOOP
- AOL TW revives Life mag. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;11/8/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 49, p4
Focuses on the support of AOL Time Warner for the continuous publication of Life Magazine which ceased operation as a monthly in May 2000.
- AOL TW MAY GET LOADED TO EXTEND ITS INT'L REACH. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;06/13/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 8, p6
Reveals that media conglomerate AOL Time Warner is in talks to acquire Great Britain-based publishing group IPC Media. Magazines published by IPC.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;02/05/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the financial performance of various publishing companies in the United States in 2000. Increase in net sales of Houghton Mifflin Co.; Rise in publishing revenues at AOL Time Warner Inc.; Sales growth at Banta Corp.
- News. Milliot, Jim; Reid, Calvin; Hilts, Paul; Eichler, Leah; Lichtenberg, James; Nawotka, Edward; Britton, Jason; Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;1/29/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 5, p9
Presents news briefs about book publishing in the United States as of January 29, 2001. Closure of the continuity program at AOL Time Warner; Acquisition of Lyons Press by Globe Pequot Press; Reorganization of Hungry Minds Inc.
- WH SMITH, CINEVEN CO-AUTHOR BOOK BID. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;3/14/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 50/51, p6
Reports on British publishing firm, WH Smith Inc.'s bid for AOL Time Warner Inc.'s Warner Books.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's New York Business;6/9/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p38
Presents news briefs related to developments in the field of business in New York as of June 9, 2003. Sectors that gained the most jobs in April 2003; Response of the New York Stock Exchange to criticism from regulators; Decision taken by AOL Time Warner Inc. regarding its book publishing business.
- It's Time to Set Sale. Mantell, Suzanne // Publishers Weekly;9/30/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 39, pS1
Discusses the preparation and expectations of U.S. publishers for the 12th CIROBE book fair in 2002. Trade publishers which have increased their presence for the year; Titles to be launched by Chronicle; Key to a profitable show at AOL Time Warner; Definition of a successful CIROBE by publishers.
- Time Warner Goes Pure Play, Sheds AOL. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p24
The article reports on the announcement of Time Warner Inc. to become a pure-play content company on December 10, 2010 in the U.S. It is said that American Online Inc. (AOL) unit spinoff is the last factor for becoming a pure-play content in which it concentrates on movie studios, publishing...
- When 1+1=1/5th. Markels, Alex // U.S. News & World Report;11/8/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 16, pEE3
Discusses one of the worst mergers in U.S. business history, the merger of America Online Inc. and Time Warner Inc. in January 2000. Role of AOL founder Steve Case, who speculated that the merger would revolutionize the business world; Financial impact of the deal, which aided AOL and hurt Time...