Point, click and pay
- Financial Web sites lack privacy notice and choice. Westin, Alan F. // Credit World;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p10
Discusses the lack of privacy notice of the Web sites of on-line banks and investment firms. Survey on the number of banks and investment firms that collect personal and financially sensitive data from their users; Three critical information which expected by Net users in Web sites; Companies...
- Internet update. // ABA Banking Journal;Sep95, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p90
Presents news briefs related to Internet in the US. Distribution of MasterCard Internet Navigator Kit in New York; Plan of Banc One and Open Market Inc., Massachusetts, to provide commerce facilities over the Internet.
- United online bank. O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;May97, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p32
Focuses on the issue of online banking. Common scheme called the Open Financial Exchange (OFX) formed by Microsoft, Intuit and Checkfree; Benefits of OFX.
- Gold-Plated Typewriters. Bryant, Adam // Newsweek;5/24/1999, Vol. 133 Issue 21, p55
Describes how United States journalists are growing wealthy due to their investments in online news sites. Initial public offering (IPO) by TheStreet.com and CBS Marketwatch; Possible IPO by Salon; Journalists' salaries; Journalists and the Internet business model.
- Online Banking Prospects Want a Direct Connection. // Bank Marketing;Nov98, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p12
Reports on a survey regarding online banking, conducted by PSI Global. Online banking prospects' desire for direct connection; Opinion on safety of online banking; Long-term outlook.
- Internet Banking Wins Good Marks. // American Banker;10/10/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 194, p21
Cites the results of a survey showing the positive ratings given by customers to bank Web sites. Percentage of customers who have banked online in the first six months of 2000.
- Web offers new clients, new way to reach old ones. Phillips, James A. // American Banker;11/05/97, Vol. 162 Issue 214, p12
Opinion. Presents the author's view that bank industries should use Internet as a proactive marketing tool. Importance of trust and asset management services to people who seek financial information via modems; Two things that will happen to Internet demographics and target markets for asset...
- The teller in your PC. Hannon, Kerry // U.S. News & World Report;10/16/95, Vol. 119 Issue 15, p91
Examines the booming trend in online banking. Benefits for banks; Why the technology has a way to go before it is wonderful for consumers; Various services offered to customers; Marketing of online banking; Security concerns; Personal-finance software. INSETS: Ins and outs of bathrobe banking,...
- Survey: Women don't see banks as advisers. Winokur, Cheryl // American Banker;3/17/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 51, p11
Cites a survey of United States women which revealed that 90% do not consider banks when looking for financial advice. Sources of financial advice.