Bromination of cyclopropanes using potassium bromide and cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate (CAN): synthesis of 1,3-dibromides
- Cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate (CAN)-mediated sulfonylation of styrenes: some interesting observations. Nair, Vijay; Augustine, Anu; Panicker, Sreeletha B.; Suja, T. D.; Mathai, Sindhu // Research on Chemical Intermediates;2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p213
Sulfonyl radicals generated by the oxidation of sodium arylsulfinates with cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate (CAN) undergo addition reaction with styrenes to give the sulfonylated products in good yields.
- CERIUM(IV) AMMONIUM NITRATE MEDIATED THIOCYANATION OF DIENES: SOME INTERESTING OBSERVATIONS. Nair, Vijay; George, Tesmol G.; Augustine, Anu; Nair, Latha G. // Research on Chemical Intermediates;2000, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p923
Presents information on a study which investigated the bond forming reactions of cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate mediated facile thiocyanation of dienes. Materials and methods used; Results; Discussion.
- Rapid and highly efficient trimethylsilylation of alcohols and phenols with hexamethyldisilazane (HMDS) catalysed by in situ generated I using Oxone/KI or cerium ammonium nitrate (CAN)/KI systems under mild conditions. Kolvari, Eskandar; Khazaei, Ardeshir; Zolfigol, Mohammad; Koukabi, Nadiya; Gilandoust, Maryam; Bakhit, Neda // Journal of Chemical Sciences;Sep2011, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p703
Structurally diverse alcohols and phenols were trimethylsilylated in clean and efficient reactions with hexamethyldisilazane (HMDS) in the presence of a catalytic amount of I generated in situ from Oxone/KI or CAN/KI systems. The reactions occur rapidly in good to high yields in wet CHCl at room...
- Direct-Thiocyanation of Ketones Using Cerium (IV) Ammonium Nitrate. Kumar, Atul; Pathak, Seema R. // Letters in Organic Chemistry;Dec2005, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p745
An efficient amethodology for direct -thiocyanation of enolisable ketones using Cerium ammonium nitrate (CAN) and ammonium thiocyanates in presence of 18-Crown-6 at room temperature. The a- thiocyanoketones were obtained in excellent yields.
- Activation of the NCï¿½H bond of Moritaï¿½Baylisï¿½Hillman adducts of N-substituted isatins with cerium ammonium nitrate (CAN) and alcohol (ROH). Shanmugam, Ponnusamy; Vaithiyanathan, Vadivel // Canadian Journal of Chemistry;Mar2009, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p591
A study on the activation of the NCï¿½H bond of Moritaï¿½Baylisï¿½Hillman adducts of N-substituted isatin with cerium ammonium nitrate (CAN) and saturated and unsaturated alcohols have been carried out. The choice of a Moritaï¿½Baylisï¿½Hillman adduct for this study is screened...
- Synthesis of Pyrroloquinones via a CAN Mediated Oxidative Free Radical Reaction of 1,3-Dicarbonyl Compounds with Aminoquinones. Thao Nguyen; Dwayaja Nadkarni; Shilpa Dutta; Su Xu; Sanghun Kim; Srinivasan Murugesan; Sadanandan Velu // Journal of Chemistry;2013, p1
Pyrroloquinone ring systems are important structural units present in many biologically active molecules including a number of marine alkaloids. For example, they are found in a series of marine metabolites, such as tsitsikammamines, zyzzyanones, wakayin, and terreusinone. Several of these...
- INFLUENCE OF THE OXIDATION STATE OF Ce-IONS ON THE INHIBITION OF AA2024 ALLOY CORROSION IN A MODEL CORROSIVE MEDIUM. Pernas, J. E.; Kozhukharov, S.; Matter, E.; Salve, A. A.; Machkova, M. // Journal of the University of Chemical Technology & Metallurgy;Sep2012, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p311
Nowadays large variety of lanthanides, and especially cerium compounds are the object of intensive investigations, as potential corrosion inhibitors for various metallic alloys. Additionally, the electrochemical measurement techniques have proven to be the most appropriate for elucidation of the...
- Solvent-free Cerium(IV) Ammonium Nitrate Catalyzed Synthesis of 4,4'-Diaminotriarylmethane Leuco Malachite Materials. Bardajee, Ghasem Rezanejade // International Journal of ChemTech Research;Jul2009, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p452
We report a simple and efficient procedure for the solvent-free one-step synthesis of 4,4'- dimethylaminotriarylmethanes in the presence of cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate as a Lewis acid catalyst. The entitled compounds were prepared by the tandem regio-selective electrophilic aromatic substitution...
- Ceric ammonium nitrate (CAN) catalyzed one-pot synthesis of fully substituted new indeno[1,2-b]pyridines at room temperature by a multi-component reaction. Tapaswi, Pradip Kumar; Mukhopadhyay, Chhanda // ARKIVOC: Online Journal of Organic Chemistry;2011, p287
Ceric ammonium nitrate (CAN) (10 mol%) in ethanol has been found to be an efficient catalyst for the one-pot multi-component synthesis of fully substituted new indeno[1,2-b]pyridines through a combination of 1,3-indandione, propiophenone or 2-phenylacetophenone, aromatic aldehydes, and ammonium...