Bromination of cyclopropanes using potassium bromide and cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate (CAN): synthesis of 1,3-dibromides
- Cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate (CAN)-mediated sulfonylation of styrenes: some interesting observations. Nair, Vijay; Augustine, Anu; Panicker, Sreeletha B.; Suja, T. D.; Mathai, Sindhu // Research on Chemical Intermediates;2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p213
Sulfonyl radicals generated by the oxidation of sodium arylsulfinates with cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate (CAN) undergo addition reaction with styrenes to give the sulfonylated products in good yields.
- CERIUM(IV) AMMONIUM NITRATE MEDIATED THIOCYANATION OF DIENES: SOME INTERESTING OBSERVATIONS. Nair, Vijay; George, Tesmol G.; Augustine, Anu; Nair, Latha G. // Research on Chemical Intermediates;2000, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p923
Presents information on a study which investigated the bond forming reactions of cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate mediated facile thiocyanation of dienes. Materials and methods used; Results; Discussion.
- Activation of the NCâ€“H bond of Moritaâ€“Baylisâ€“Hillman adducts of N-substituted isatins with cerium ammonium nitrate (CAN) and alcohol (ROH). Shanmugam, Ponnusamy; Vaithiyanathan, Vadivel // Canadian Journal of Chemistry;Apr2009, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p591
A study on the activation of the NCâ€“H bond of Moritaâ€“Baylisâ€“Hillman adducts of N-substituted isatin with cerium ammonium nitrate (CAN) and saturated and unsaturated alcohols have been carried out. The choice of a Moritaâ€“Baylisâ€“Hillman adduct for this study is...
- Direct-Thiocyanation of Ketones Using Cerium (IV) Ammonium Nitrate. Kumar, Atul; Pathak, Seema R. // Letters in Organic Chemistry;Dec2005, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p745
An efficient amethodology for direct -thiocyanation of enolisable ketones using Cerium ammonium nitrate (CAN) and ammonium thiocyanates in presence of 18-Crown-6 at room temperature. The Î±- thiocyanoketones were obtained in excellent yields.
- Rapid and highly efficient trimethylsilylation of alcohols and phenols with hexamethyldisilazane (HMDS) catalysed by in situ generated I using Oxone/KI or cerium ammonium nitrate (CAN)/KI systems under mild conditions. Kolvari, Eskandar; Khazaei, Ardeshir; Zolfigol, Mohammad; Koukabi, Nadiya; Gilandoust, Maryam; Bakhit, Neda // Journal of Chemical Sciences;Sep2011, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p703
Structurally diverse alcohols and phenols were trimethylsilylated in clean and efficient reactions with hexamethyldisilazane (HMDS) in the presence of a catalytic amount of I generated in situ from Oxone/KI or CAN/KI systems. The reactions occur rapidly in good to high yields in wet CHCl at room...
- A Simple, Proficient and Green Approach for the Synthesis of 1,8- Dioxo-octahydroxanthenes Catalyzed by Cerium(IV) Ammonium Nitrate in Aqueous Media. Shitole, Balasaheb. V.; Shitole, Nana V.; Kakde, Gopal K. // Orbital: The Electronic Journal of Chemistry;Jul-Sep2014, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p191
Various biologically important 1,8-dioxo-"octahydroxanthene derivatives" have been efficiently synthesized in excellent yields using catalytic amounts of cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate (CAN) in water. This inexpensive, non-toxic, and readily available catalytic system (10 mol%) in water efficiently...
- Synthesis of Pyrroloquinones via a CAN Mediated Oxidative Free Radical Reaction of 1,3-Dicarbonyl Compounds with Aminoquinones. Thao Nguyen; Dwayaja Nadkarni; Shilpa Dutta; Su Xu; Sanghun Kim; Srinivasan Murugesan; Sadanandan Velu // Journal of Chemistry;2013, p1
Pyrroloquinone ring systems are important structural units present in many biologically active molecules including a number of marine alkaloids. For example, they are found in a series of marine metabolites, such as tsitsikammamines, zyzzyanones, wakayin, and terreusinone. Several of these...
- CAN-catalyzed synthesis of 10-arylpyrano[3,2- b]chromene-4,9-diones under solvent-free conditions. Li, Yuling; Meng, Xiangxue; Cai, Gan; Du, Baixiang; Zhao, Bo // Research on Chemical Intermediates;Feb2014, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p699
A novel and efficient one-pot synthesis of 10-aryl-7,8-dihydropyrano[3,2- b]chromene-4,9(6 H,10 H)-diones by three-component reaction of aromatic aldehydes, 5-hydroxy-2-methylpyran-4-one, and cyclic 1,3-dicarbonyl compounds in the presence of a catalytic amount of ceric ammonium nitrate under...
- Ceric ammonium nitrate (CAN) catalyzed one-pot synthesis of fully substituted new indeno[1,2-b]pyridines at room temperature by a multi-component reaction. Tapaswi, Pradip Kumar; Mukhopadhyay, Chhanda // ARKIVOC: Online Journal of Organic Chemistry;2011, p287
Ceric ammonium nitrate (CAN) (10 mol%) in ethanol has been found to be an efficient catalyst for the one-pot multi-component synthesis of fully substituted new indeno[1,2-b]pyridines through a combination of 1,3-indandione, propiophenone or 2-phenylacetophenone, aromatic aldehydes, and ammonium...