Clearing the Muddy Waters: An attempt to decompose the impacts of inflation on the Ghanaian economy and on the welfare of Ghanaian citizens in light of recent political rhetoric on inflation
- The Human Side of Inflation. S. D. // Social Work;Nov74, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p650
The article focuses on the problem of inflation and discusses the human side to it. It states that inflation is the most important problem of the U.S. Almost everybody is convinced about the problem since each day brings new increases in the cost of living. The article states that the intent is...
- Advocates Seek to End Market Gambling With Food Prices. // America;3/8/2010, Vol. 202 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the Stop Gambling on Hunger campaign organized by various faith-based, business and labor organizations to end the problem in increasing commodity prices in various developing countries. It states that such a problem has been affecting the most vulnerable people around the...
- Growing Fears for a Rise in Food Prices. Mahmood, Zafar // Hilal;2013, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p14
The article focuses on the impact of increasing food prices on the economy of developing countries like Pakistan. It predicts that food inflation's effects vary from one country to another. It notes that those countries that import less are also less affected by the inflation, while the...
- Is It More Expensive, or Does It Just Cost More Money? // Economic Commentary;5/15/2002, p1
Discusses the definitions and measurement of the cost of living and inflation. Descriptive example of the costs of living versus inflation; Measurement of the cost of living and inflation; Conclusion.
- The European `welfare mix': Institutional configuration and distributive outcome in Sweden and... Vogel, Joachim // Social Indicators Research;Nov99, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p245
Explores the institutional configuration of welfare delivery systems in Sweden and the European Union (EU). Comparison of fourteen EU member states; Longitudinal study of Sweden; Distributive consequences of institutional configuration; Configuration as including the market, welfare state and...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Miner, Stuart A.; Frarikel, Anita // Extra!;Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p4
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, one about the rising standard of living in Venezuela in the March 2013 issue and another about the fair use of media.
- Better Than Offsets. Gloudeman, Nikki // Mother Jones;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p70
The article presents an overview of five products that consumers could buy to improve the living standards in developing countries. A discussion of the costs and benefits of the products, which include a merry go round which pumps clean groundwater into storage tanks, a kit for automotive...
- For inflation signs, don't look to price of broccoli. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;4/15/96, Vol. 88 Issue 97, p3
Focuses on inflation and the cost of living increases for March 1996, in the United States. Opinion of economists on the cost of living; Reaction of the bond market to the cost of living increases; Utilization of labor costs as an indication of the cost of living.
- United Kingdom. // Market: Europe;Jan2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
Presents a chart containing consumer market trends in Great Britain in 2004. Consumer price inflation; Discretionary income; Import growth potential.