Defense Industry Notes
- Conversion capers, cont. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jan/Feb1996, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p7
Reports that companies that emphasize contracts with the US Defense Department continue to make higher profits according to Pittiglio Rabin Todd & McGrath.
- Area defense dollars fall. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/15/95, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p1
Reports that the value of defense-related contracts awarded to companies in the seven county-area in Ohio dropped to $292 million in the fiscal year that ended September 30, 1994. Shrinking spending by the Pentagon.
- Acquisition law. // Reporter;Sep97, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p20
Presents information on the acquisition law in the United States, pertaining to defense contractors mergers while referring to the report `Defense Industry Restructuring: Cost Savings Issues' dated April 15, 1997. Background information on the Department of Defense policy; What DoD expects from...
- Mid-east uncertainties fuel defence sales. Cook, Nick // Interavia Business & Technology;Nov93, Vol. 48 Issue 572, p68
Discusses the prospects of the aerospace and defense system manufacturers in the Middle East. Gulf State's air show in November 1993; Slowdown of defense sales; Iran as the bogeyman of the Middle East; Russia's dealings with pariah states; Growth in the number of upgrade contracts; Israel's...
- Top defense contractors in the Tucson area. Brovet, Tori // Inside Tucson Business;4/24/95, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p6
Lists the top defense contractors in Tucson, Arizona, ranked by the total dollar amount of active contracts. Total number of contracts; Unliquidated amount; Products and services; Local principals; Major locations; Year established; Contact information.
- Top defense contractors in the Tucson area. // Inside Tucson Business;12/25/95 Supplement Lists 96, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p96
Presents information on the top defense contractors in the Tucson area, Arizona, ranked by total amount of active contractors. Rank for 1994 and 1995; Names, addresses and telephone numbers of companies; Total dollar amount of active contracts awarded; Total number of of contracts; Unliquidated...
- Top defense contractors in the Tucson area. Brovet, Tori // Inside Tucson Business;4/22/96, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p6
Lists the top defense contractors in Tucson,Arizona, ranked by total dollar amount of active dollars. Includes Hughes Missile Systems Co.; Sargent Controls & Aerospace; AlliedSignal Aerospace Equipment Systems.
- Top defense contractors in the Tucson area. // Inside Tucson Business;12/30/96 Supplement, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p94
Lists the top defense contractors in Tucson, Arizona, ranked by total dollar amount of active contracts in 1996. Local principal; Products and services; Previous year ranking; Year established locally; Contact information.
- From defense contracts to ??? // Industrial Paint & Powder;Mar94, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the decline in the number of defense contracts in California. Need for small businesses to find new commercial or international markets; Sponsorship of pilot seminars by the US Commerce Dept.; Loss of defense-related jobs in California.
- Untitled. // Electronic News;8/2/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1974, p11
Presents a chart of government contracts awarded to several electronics and computer companies for defense purposes. Companies and location; Technological innovations; Details of contracts; Clients.