Northrop Grumman Demonstrates Litening ER on F/A-18D Hornet
- Philippines turns to U.S. and S. Korea to modernize weapons, counter China. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;6/27/2012, p7
The article reports that Philippines is seeking help of the U.S. and South Korea to modernize its weapons. The Philippines is planning to purchase 12 T-50 Golden Eagle trainers and fighter jets from South Korea. The U.S. has agreed to provide an advanced radar system for maritime surveillance....
- UAE Requests HARMs, Expendables and Smart Munitions. Knowles, John // Journal of Electronic Defense;Nov98, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p22
Reports that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is considering a variety of munitions for its fighter jets. Types of missiles requested by UAE; Missile from Raytheon Systems Co.; Cost of the project.
- Turkish-Korean Defense Cooperation at Full Speed. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;9/6/2010, p47
The article reports on a delivery of the first jointly manufactured basic trainer aircraft for the Turkish Air Force which will be made to Turkey in October of 2010. A discussion of a contract which led to the construction of the aircraft, which was managed by Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd. and...
- Flying Into Overdrive. McKenna, Ted // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jul2004, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p36
Discusses the upgrades made to several fighter aircraft. Upgrade made to the Mirage 2000-5 Mk2 featuring wider, color displays in the cockpit, longer-range air-to-ground standoff missiles and other improvements; Installation of an active electronically scanned array radar to the Block 60 F-16...
- German MiG-29s for Poland? Kinski, Andrzej; Rivers, Brendan P. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Feb2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p19
Reports on Germany's offering of its surplus military equipment to Poland. Offering of 23 MiG-29 fighters; Electronic countermeasure equipment in the fighter planes.
- Eurofighter Self-Defense Suite Passes Initial Trials. Fiszer, Michal; Gruszczynski, Jerzy // Journal of Electronic Defense;Oct2003, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the success of the initial trials of the Defensive Aids Sub-System of the Eurofighter planes. Design specification of the system.
- Turkey Spending $35 Million On JSOW For F-16 Modernization Effort. // Defense Daily;9/8/2005, Vol. 227 Issue 48, p12
The article focuses on a major defense equipment sale of Raytheon's Joint Standoff Weapon to Turkey for modification of the country's F-16 fighter aircraft. According to the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, the proposed sale would strengthen military/political ties and extend U.S....
- Report: Egypt's F-16s have inferior munitions compared to Israel's. // Geo-Strategy Direct;9/4/2013, p11
The article reports that 20 F-16 multi-role fighters inferior to those of Israel are being supplied by the U.S. to Egypt. It is mentioned that due to the military coup against Egypt's first Islamist president, the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama suspended a planned delivery of four...
- Who's Who in European EW. Zord, Gábor // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jun2007, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p34
The article looks at some electronic warfare (EW) companies in Europe and the EW programs they are supporting. Euro Hawk of Germany is Europe's most significant signals intelligence (SIGINT) program. Its main aim is to make the European Security and Defence Policy (SDP) possible and relevant in...