DRS Acquires PTI; Introduces New HPD
- Kaman to sell unit to DRS Technologies. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the acquisition of electric motor and drive businesses of Kaman Corp. by DRS Technologies Inc. in the U.S. Services offered by the companies; Plans of Kaman to improve aerospace programs.
- DRS Technologies boosts power business by buying Eaton Navy Controls. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p11
Reports that the Parsippany, New Jersey-based DRS Technologies Inc. is planning to buy the Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Navy Controls Division of the Eaton Corp.
- DRS sells magnetic heads business unit to concentrate on defense work. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p11
Reports that leaders of the Parsippany, New Jersey-based DRS Technologies Inc. have sold the magnetic heads business assets of their DRS Ahead Technology unit to the San Jose, California-based AheadTek in a management buyout.
- Italians to acquire DRS. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/16/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on the acquisition of DRS Technologies Inc. by Finmeccanica S.p.A. in Danbury, Connecticut. In May 2008, DRS agreed to a $5.2 billion sale. According to Rich Goldberg, spokesman of the company, the merging have yet to be finalized but the Danbury facility is important and it...
- $5.2B Purchase OF DRS Complete. Ruth, Jo�o-Pierre S. // njbiz;10/27/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the completion of the $5.2 billion acquisition of defense electronics contractor DRS Technologies Inc. by Finmeccanica SpA on October 22, 2008. The acquisition, which was agreed upon in May 2008 by Mark S. Newman, chief executive officer of DRS, and Finmeccanica, is...
- Defending M&A from the DOD. J. M. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/14/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p1
The article discusses the trend in merger and acquisition (M&A) deals in the defense sector. It discusses the advantages of selling U.S.-based defense company DRS Technologies to a trusted ally in Finnmeccanica. Seven of the 10 largest defense and aerospace deals in 2007 were for U.S. based...
- DRS To Acquire Communications Systems Firm Soneticom. // Defense Daily International;5/29/2009, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p5
The article informs that DRS Technologies Inc. has agreed to acquire Soneticom Inc. DRS Technologies is the U.S. subsidiary of Italy's Finmeccanica, whereas Soneticom Inc. is a provider of custom and semi-custom high-technology communications products and systems for customers in government and...
- DRS To Buy GPS Developer. Davis, Avram // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/1/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p18
The article reports on the decision of New Jersey military technology company DRS Technologies to acquire Soneticom Inc. Soneticom is a provider of a global positioning technology to government entities for defense and homeland security programs. DRS recruited retired USN Commander Hesham H....
- FINMECCANICA ACQUIRES DRS TECHNOLOGIES. Kunkel, M. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec2008, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p26
The article reports on the acquisition of DRS Technologies Inc. by Finmeccanica SpA for $5.2 billion in October 2008. Finmeccanica is partly owned by the Italian government and is an important player in the electronic warfare (EW) industry. The deal is the first major U.S. acquisition of...