Rolls-Royce Large Gas Turbine To Power DD(X) Demonstrator
- Navy gives Royce $150M in contracts. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/06/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p14
Focuses on the 150 million dollar contracts awarded to Rolls Royce by the United States Navy for the supply of Allison T56-A-427 turboprop engines and parts.
- BIG DEALS IN SHORT. // Armada International;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p04
A chart is presented listing defense contracts as of August 2012 including an ATK contract to produce 120 millimeter training ammunition for the U.S. Army, a Rolls-Royce contract for the British Ministry of Defense future submarine program and a Kongsberg contract to supply combat systems for...
- CONTRACTS. // Rotor & Wing;Nov2012, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p36
The article offers news briefs related to military contracts in the U.S. which include the $11.9 million maintenance services option exercised by the U.S. Navy with Rolls-Royce PLC, and the $136-million contract modification received by Boeing Co. from the U.S. Army.
- THE DIFFICULT BIRTH OF THE DD(X). Wilson, George C. // National Journal;6/8/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p1724
Offers a look at the first phase of contract won by Northrop Grumman Corp. for the design and delivery of DD (X) destroyers for the U.S.. Worth of the contract; Challenges posed by the contract; Vision of Phillip Balisle, the Navy's requirements director for the next generation of warships;...
- Defense Industry Notes. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Nov2001, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p34
Presents news briefs on the United States defense industry as of November 2001. Company that will provide surface-search radar systems for Arleigh Burke-class Aegis guided-missile destroyers; Value of an Air Force contract for Joint Helmet-Mounted Cueing Systems; Company that won a contract to...
- Dispute Settled, Russia Resumes Building DDGs for China. Sherman, Kenneth B.; Ferguson, Gregor // Journal of Electronic Defense;Oct2003, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the settlement of the pay dispute between the Baltic Shipyard and Severnaya Verf, which had been holding up the construction of two Project 956EM guided-missile destroyers for China. Background on the contract dispute.
- Rolls-Royce looks to civil nuclear after MoD contract. Harris, Stephen // Engineer (Online Edition);6/21/2012, p3
The article reports on the contract earned by Rolls-Royce from the British Ministry of Defence (MoD). The 1.1 billion British pounds contract received by the firm includes the provision of reactor cores for the Astute-class submarine of the British Royal Navy and completion of the third and...
- DoD Awards Rolls-Royce V-22 Engine Contract Worth Potentially $598 Million. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;6/27/2012, Vol. 254 Issue 62, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Defense Department has awarded a contract to Rolls-Royce PLC to put the company's AE1107C engines on the Marine Corps and Air Force V-22 tilt-rotor aircraft. Under the contract, Rolls-Royce will deliver 70 engines. Rolls-Royce is the only manufacturer of V-22...
- Rolls-Royce, P&W, GE In On Air Force's Adaptive Engine Technology Development Program. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;6/29/2012, Vol. 254 Issue 64, p1
The article reports that Rolls-Royce and Pratt & Whitney have entered bids on a proposed Air Force development program for improving the performance of aircraft engines. It is stated that the program will increase un-refueled range for platforms that engaging in Anti-Access/Area Denial (A2/AD)...